Slg - #2

OPS - #2

WAR - #1

HR #1

RBI #14

Runs #1

SB - #13

Defensive War: #4 for CFers

But I thought Harper is better because he plays with more passion.

On 6/4/2018 at 8:54 AM, eaterfan said:

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2018/6/4/17423738/mike-trout-defensive-improvement-best-season-ever

A nice article on the ringer about Trout's improved defense and his pursuit of the best season ever.

Really enjoyed this article but one thing seemed peculiar to me. The author mentions that the catch he made on June 3rd was the only five star catch. Why/how would the catch he made against Baltimore a few years back not be considered as a five star catch? Is range/distance run weighted more than other factors? 

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

Really enjoyed this article but one thing seemed peculiar to me. The author mentions that the catch he made on June 3rd was the only five star catch. Why/how would the catch he made against Baltimore a few years back not be considered as a five star catch? Is range/distance run weighted more than other factors? 

That catch was pre stat-cast era. The rating system used is based on stat-cast data.

2 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-trout-is-great-beyond-description/c-281333256

Fabulous article (sorry if its a craig). The Bill James “Black Ink” write up for those not into WAR is amazing.

Written by Joe Posnanski... easily my favorite sports writer of all time.  Great stuff.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Once again, don't read the comments. 

I'm beginning to think the average baseball fan is brain dead.

You didn't like the guy that said Trout and Magglio Ordonez had similar careers after the first ____ seasons? lol

Check this out.

If you're confused as to why Mike Trout's stats look like something out of a video game, that's his career adjusted to the 2000 Rockies - which was the highest run scoring context (park, league, year) in major league history. Career numbers: .373/.486/.698...and how about 2018: .371/.507/.809.

Hard to believe... Mike Trout has only won AL Player of the Week honors three times.  Last time was 2015!  I'd say he has a good chance to win this week.

He should have more AL MVP awards than that.

Including today, at 5.7 fWAR through 70 games. The naturally conservative projections have him at 10.9 at end of season. "Conservative." At current pace he goes for 13.7. My God. 

No literally, I pray to Trout Jesus. 

9 hours ago, 101halo said:

Including today, at 5.7 fWAR through 70 games. The naturally conservative projections have him at 10.9 at end of season. "Conservative." At current pace he goes for 13.7. My God. 

No literally, I pray to Trout Jesus. 

He's up to 5.9 now. 6.2 bWAR. 

Demigod.