Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

And in Fast Food News Part 2

419 posts in this topic

Since my surgery, I've had to carefully watch my carb intake and that means greatly limiting bread and hamburger/hot dog buns. My daughter has playfully bugged me to get a grilled cheese from INO protein style. Told her it wouldn't really work. I finally caved in and she ordered one for me. Aside from too much lettuce that made it too slippery to hold, it wasn't the worst decision I've ever made - cheese, tomato, and whole grilled onion (no spread). I'd order one again.

21 hours ago, Tank said:

Since my surgery, I've had to carefully watch my carb intake and that means greatly limiting bread and hamburger/hot dog buns. My daughter has playfully bugged me to get a grilled cheese from INO protein style. Told her it wouldn't really work. I finally caved in and she ordered one for me. Aside from too much lettuce that made it too slippery to hold, it wasn't the worst decision I've ever made - cheese, tomato, and whole grilled onion (no spread). I'd order one again.

Good for you man.  Not the easiest thing to prepare, but where else would you get one of those.  I’m glad you enjoyed it.  

So I tried Shake Shack the other day...

Initial impressions were poor. More than $8 for a double burger, no fries, no drink, but at least I had an option to get a beer or for some reason a dog treat.

First bite of the burger reminded me of Five Guys, with their soggy buns, but two or three bites in I was hit with a bit of nostalgia... I had tasted this before but I couldn't quite place it.

Two or three more bites and it hit me. The Shack Burger at Shake Shack is the closest anyone has come to recreating the infamous McDonalds Arch Delux.

36 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So I tried Shake Shack though other day...

my daughter went last week and tried their veggie burger. she thought it was okay (it was made mostly out of beets, and she's not really a beet fan) but she loved the vegan mayo and said the fries were very good.

7 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So I tried Shake Shack the other day...

We have three locations here. I have never been to one.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

my daughter went last week and tried their veggie burger. she thought it was okay (it was made mostly out of beets, and she's not really a beet fan) but she loved the vegan mayo and said the fries were very good.

I don't do play meat. I have tried several different vegetable patties, and they were all vile.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

This actually amazes me. 

Kudos to INO.

Yea when I talked to my team about it I told them how proud I was of the company for making a decision like that, even if it does cost me a few bucks.   It wasn’t a food  safety issue it was simply a taste of the bun issue.