Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

And in Fast Food News Part 2

419 posts in this topic

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-in-n-stout-beer-offends-in-n-out-trademark-20180815-htmlstory.html

A brewery was dumb enough to rip off In N Out's I.P.  and tag them in an Instagram photo doing it. Anyway, InO responded with a good cease and desist letter. I think the whole thing was a marketing ploy by the brewery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the Culver City In N Out.  Holy smokes In N Out needs to move that one.  Small parking lot, that I'm surprised the other tenants don't complain about.  Small restaurant, seating for 38 according to the sign, but it seemed more like for 20.  The drive through line snaked all the way through the single lane parking lot, and out onto the street.  There was barely any room for anyone to pass the drive through line.  And if you parked on the drive through line side, I can see it taking a good 10-15 minutes to get out, depending on the mood of the people waiting in line.  But the burgers were the usual.  Ordered them with extra chili's for the first time and it definitely made it worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The very easy answer is we are much busier than when we built the locations.  So the INO in Culver City happens to be in the same parking lot as the busiest Costco in the US.  This INO was nothing special until the last several years.  My guess is it sells 3 times what it sold when it opened.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, calscuf said:

INO is the worst neighbor.  Everyone in a strip mall with INO knows that.

Yea, when I was at the INO in Anaheim Hills as the store manager, I talked to the other tenants in our little strip mall.  One was a dentist the other was a Togos.  Both places became much busier after the INO opened.  So we may cause traffic, but being in our drive lane allows the little family dentist to be visible.  Togo’s I am assuming got our run offs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea, when I was at the INO in Anaheim Hills as the store manager, I talked to the other tenants in our little strip mall.  One was a dentist the other was a Togos.  Both places became much busier after the INO opened.  So we may cause traffic, but being in our drive lane allows the little family dentist to be visible.  Togo’s I am assuming got our run offs.  

And what happened to the Aaron Brothers? Hmmm?

Old ladies and artists don’t like dealing with traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

Man, I am trying to eat a little healthier. I have been to In N Out maybe once in the last month. Used to go twice a week. Might have to go this weekend.

This is the longest I have gone in the last 31 years without having a real burger and fries from INO.  I am 5 and a half weeks into my new way of eating and I haven’t had a bun or bread during that time.  You’d think after 30 plus years of eating there all the damn time I wouldn’t miss it, but man there are days when I am in the stores and all I want to do is eat a standard Double Double with onions and a fry.  But nope, double meat protein with no spread, no fries.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is the longest I have gone in the last 31 years without having a real burger and fries from INO.  I am 5 and a half weeks into my new way of eating and I haven’t had a bun or bread during that time.  You’d think after 30 plus years of eating there all the damn time I wouldn’t miss it, but man there are days when I am in the stores and all I want to do is eat a standard Double Double with onions and a fry.  But nope, double meat protein with no spread, no fries.  

Lately when I go to Counter, I've been going bunless, on a bed of greens.  I actually put more stuff on it when I eat this way, than if I was doing a burger.  

So I know you can do protein style, where it's bunless and instead wrapped in lettuce.  Is there a way you could order a double double, on a bed of lettuce like in the fry tray minus the bun?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stradling said:

This is the longest I have gone in the last 31 years without having a real burger and fries from INO.  I am 5 and a half weeks into my new way of eating and I haven’t had a bun or bread during that time.  You’d think after 30 plus years of eating there all the damn time I wouldn’t miss it, but man there are days when I am in the stores and all I want to do is eat a standard Double Double with onions and a fry.  But nope, double meat protein with no spread, no fries.  

I think it’s just going to be a cheat meal once a week or so. 

Its going to be hard now that I am in rehearsals for two shows and teaching 8 classes a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

I think it’s just going to be a cheat meal once a week or so. 

Its going to be hard now that I am in rehearsals for two shows and teaching 8 classes a week.

When I get to a certain weight I will have one, then when I reach my next small goal weight I will have another one.  Once I get down to my actual goal weight I will have them maybe once a week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered the In N Out truck to come out to our office in a couple months. Hey @Stradling since the truck doesn't have fries would I be able to go down the street to the District In N Out and order like a 100 trays of fries?

Serious question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I ordered the In N Out truck to come out to our office in a couple months. Hey @Stradling since the truck doesn't have fries would I be able to go down the street to the District In N Out and order like a 100 trays of fries?

Serious question.

No, we wouldn’t be able to do that.  Too many and they really wouldn’t be that great.  If we were only cooking your order it would take about 20 minutes, and well we wouldn’t be only cooking your order.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options