rafibomb

What Could This Mean...

111 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sorry to keep you guys hanging for so long yesterday (although in retrospect this thread is kind of amusing).

As you suspect, we get told things sometimes that we can’t release right away. I thought I’d be able to release it like 10 minutes later, but it took a while. 

Sometimes we can report the news before the team announces it just by seeing a player, or even his jersey, in the clubhouse. Or seeing his name on the lineup card. In this case, none of that had happened. 

I am perfectly OK reporting things the team isn’t ready to report, but if I hear those things from someone who tells me not to report it, then I have to respect that. 

As for Thaiss, it was a “personal situation,” I was told. He will be back in a couple days. I have never heard of the restricted list being used for a trade. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Sorry to keep you guys hanging for so long yesterday (although in retrospect this thread is kind of amusing).

We have our moments.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

As you suspect, we get told things sometimes that we can’t release right away. I thought I’d be able to release it like 10 minutes later, but it took a while. 

Sometimes we can report the news before the team announces it just by seeing a player, or even his jersey, in the clubhouse. Or seeing his name on the lineup card. In this case, none of that had happened. 

I am perfectly OK reporting things the team isn’t ready to report, but if I hear those things from someone who tells me not to report it, then I have to respect that. 

As for Thaiss, it was a “personal situation,” I was told. He will be back in a couple days. I have never heard of the restricted list being used for a trade. 

clearly you could have said the name by rhyming it! Rhymes with Shmavid Shletcher. Win Win for all parties involved.

15 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It's ok Fletcher. We all still love you......

but don't let it happen again.

17 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

"Fletcher, don't report on Fletcher."

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

clearly you could have said the name by rhyming it! Rhymes with Shmavid Shletcher. Win Win for all parties involved.

He could have just said it was his cousin being promoted. Or would that have been giving too much info?

2 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

He could have just said it was his cousin being promoted. Or would that have been giving too much info?

A little birdie told me my cousin may be getting promoted. No harm no foul