Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

2,368 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

Of course it's a stall. The Dems don't have a majority so they can't just ignore the nomination the way they did with Garland

But also becsuse Kavanaugh is a liar, liar, pants on fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You’ve done some of your finest work in this thread Blarg.  If it did happen,  and you’ll never know.  You’ve gone way out of your way to trivialize sexual assault.  Great stuff. 

I'm going out of my way trying not to trigger you guys but it's simply impossible. This is a stunt, a hoax, a fabrication that Feinstein has been manipulating before this hearing took place. 

She spent all of her ammo with drumming up emails, then playing the grieving father handshake rejection and now this 11th hour teenage angst story from 35 years ago with absolutely no credible evidence that it ever took place and the "victim" that keeps coming up with excuses why she won't come forward. 

The FBI is not investigating a case of teenage nookie at an undisclosed location, time, participants and 35 years past where no complaint or crime was ever filed. 

It's all bullshit and you guts cling to it like rats on floating debris. The media clings to it because it drives agendas. 

Stupid shit like this is dragging us all down. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I believe that it’s a pretty bold move to ask the FBI to get involved if you’re a liar.

i mean maybe,  But it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. 

There is nothing for the FBI to investigate. No timetable, location, leads, witnesses or and actual defined crime committed that would utilize their skills. This is a local police department jusidiction. And they would tell her they can't help, it's a dead file without even a file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Of course it's a stall. The Dems don't have a majority so they can't just ignore the nomination the way they did with Garland

So they are willing to commit perjury by presenting false allegations? Because that is what Feinstein has done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm going out of my way trying not to trigger you guys but it's simply impossible. This is a stunt, a hoax, a fabrication that Feinstein has been manipulating before this hearing took place. 

She spent all of her ammo with drumming up emails, then playing the grieving father handshake rejection and now this 11th hour teenage angst story from 35 years ago with absolutely no credible evidence that it ever took place and the "victim" that keeps coming up with excuses why she won't come forward. 

The FBI is not investigating a case of teenage nookie at an undisclosed location, time, participants and 35 years past where no complaint or crime was ever filed. 

It's all bullshit and you guts cling to it like rats on floating debris. The media clings to it because it drives agendas. 

Stupid shit like this is dragging us all down. 

 

 

28 minutes ago, Blarg said:

So they are willing to commit perjury by presenting false allegations? Because that is what Feinstein has done. 

You’re shameless Blarg.  Absolutely shameless.     It’s amazing how zealous you are about this.  It’s funny how you’re so passionate about hard evidence all of sudden.  I guess it depends what the topic is eh ? What joke. 

And I’m not clinging to anything.  I’ve said, over and over again that he’s going to be confirmed.  

As far as this sexual assault business all I’ve said is that the woman should be taken seriously.  All of my arguing with you guys has been about belittling and mocking her.  That’s it.  I don’t know what happened and neither do you.  

And I don’t need you to tell me that the FBI isn’t going to crack this case.  Even if they got involved.  And im not convinced that they should.  But even if they did, obviously there’s huge problems with investigating a 40 year old claim of sexual abuse.  I’ll just say this, if they did show up on someone’s doorsteps asking questions.  Maybe someone who’s been quiet speaks up a little bit.  That’s possible.  I don’t know enough of about the role of the FBI in vetting surpreme court appointees to know whether it’s appropriate or not. 

Its also entirely possible that this Ford woman decided to speak up now because she finds his elevation to the highest court in the land offensive.  Maybe she decided to not be quiet about it anymore.  You can never know when someone will decide to speak up.  I don’t know if this what happened.  But I also won’t discount it.  We just don’t know.  It sure seems like an awful lot of trouble to get run out of your home and deal with death threats so you can be a part of (scary) Diane Feinstein’s political games. 

Anyway, you don’t know shit about this Blarg.  That’s the only thing objective here. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll add one more thing.  Just to be clear.  I do think that since she’s chosen to bring her story to light.  It would probably be best if she told her story under oath.  I guess we’ll see if she ever does. 

While I think she should do this, I don’t think a refusal to do so necessarily makes her a liar.  The whole thing is an ugly mess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There is nothing for the FBI to investigate. No timetable, location, leads, witnesses or and actual defined crime committed that would utilize their skills. This is a local police department jusidiction. And they would tell her they can't help, it's a dead file without even a file. 

Right.

It's not a federal crime so there's no jurisdiction where the FBI would even get involved. It's ridiculous. 

I also think there's a good chance they're going to get creamed in the Senate elections in November. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lou said:

what exactly do you expect to come out if he testifies under oath? other than a spectacle aimed at delaying his appointment, that is. 

he'll continually deny it and no evidence will come of it. 

 

Irrelevant to the left on this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rico said:

Right.  But the FBI does do background checks on supreme court nominees. Seems like their job is not done.

I wonder if they did a background check and vetted him when he was sat on the appellate court? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ll add one more thing.  Just to be clear.  I do think that since she’s chosen to bring her story to light.  It would probably be best if she told her story under oath.  I guess we’ll see if she ever does. 

While I think she should do this, I don’t think a refusal to do so necessarily makes her a liar.  The whole thing is an ugly mess. 

Totally agree but I think it means they need to move on from this at that point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tank said:

Someone your guy couldn't defeat.

I assume that at one point he was also someone your guy couldn't defeat, either. Of course, you may have voted for Trump in the primary. I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I assume that at one point he was also someone your guy couldn't defeat, either. Of course, you may have voted for Trump in the primary. I don't know.

They should all be embarrassed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Right.

It's not a federal crime so there's no jurisdiction where the FBI would even get involved. It's ridiculous. 

 

 

It's common as part of FBI vetting to investigate matters that don't qualify as federal crimes.  Clarence Thomas was investigated over the Anita Hill allegation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya, I figured this would be your response. 

What is the difference between his opinion and joy behar's opinion?  As you said, why should I care about either?

Now if you want mine, although I have already stated it several times, I don't know if she is telling the truth or not.  Either way I feel badly for her because she is being used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Taylor said:

 

A classmate of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford is backing off of claims that she knew anything about an alleged sexual assault committed by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Cristina King Miranda, who attended high school with Ford, wrote on Facebook this week that she heard school rumors about an incident involving Kavanaugh and Ford back in the 1980s. Miranda later deleted the post and said she did not want to talk to the media about her claims.

However, Miranda spoke to NPR on Thursday and clarified that she has no information about an alleged assault.

“That it happened or not, I have no idea,” Cristina King Miranda told NPR’s Nina Totenberg. “I can’t say that it did or didn’t.”

Miranda’s new statement directly contradicts her Facebook post, in which she wrote, “The incident DID happen, many of us heard about it in school.”

“In my post, I was empowered and I was sure it probably did [happen],” Miranda told NPR this morning. “I had no idea that I would now have to go to the specifics and defend it before 50 cable channels and have my face spread all over MSNBC news and Twitter.”

Miranda said the Senate Judiciary Committee reached out to her after her post but that she would not testify if asked.

Dr. Ford previously said she had not told anyone about the incident until a therapist meeting in 2012. Ford also said the incident happened during the summer, contradicting Miranda’s assertion that she heard rumors about it in school.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/20/kavanaugh-accuser-classmate-backs-off/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options