Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

2,368 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, Rico said:

You guys seem super scared of the FBI asking people questions under oath. 

I'm not at all!  If she testifies and provides some specifics around what happened that would allow the FBI to investigate, I think the FBI ought to get after it!  I'm not sure what they're supposed to do with, I was sexually assaulted sometime in the early 80's.  I think I was 15, but I don't remember what time of year it was, what house it was at or who was there.

9 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I'm not at all!  If she testifies and provides some specifics around what happened that would allow the FBI to investigate, I think the FBI ought to get after it!  I'm not sure what they're supposed to do with, I was sexually assaulted sometime in the early 80's.  I think I was 15, but I don't remember what time of year it was, what house it was at or who was there.

At the very least the FBI can interview Mark Judge right now.  It's one thing for him to make a blanket denial to the press, I'd like to hear what he would say when questioned by the FBI.

27 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I took a break and checked in with the Angels game.....

And I'm back. I've now come to the conclusion someone got assaulted. Just not sure who. 

the citizens of The United States of America*

*that goes double if you're an Angels fan 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

the citizens of The United States of America*

*that goes double if you're an Angels fan 

All I can say is we all better get shit faced tonight. So much we  won't remember how many runs Angels pitchers gave up today.  Was it 10? 15? 21?

4 hours ago, Rico said:

At the very least the FBI can interview Mark Judge right now.  It's one thing for him to make a blanket denial to the press, I'd like to hear what he would say when questioned by the FBI.

rock out beavis and butthead GIF

6 hours ago, Rico said:

You talk about stall tactics, but why are Republicans in such a hurry to get this guy confirmed?  You waited more than a year and didn't even give Garland a hearing but can't wait another week or two for the FBI to investigate the merits of the allegation?

You guys seem super scared of the FBI asking people questions under oath. 

I think Garland got shafted. He should have had a hearing.

I also think Kavanagh will be confirmed by the committee next week. 

19 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I think Garland got shafted. He should have had a hearing.

I also think Kavanagh will be confirmed by the committee next week. 

That depends. How many committee members are up for re-election this year in contested races? They’ll have to vet their vote first 

The 10 am deadline for Ford to decide whether she will testify on Monday has come and gone. They're now in "negotiations" for an extension. Republicans need to stop this madness now.

The Dems need to run out the clock until November and hope to win back the Senate. I wouldn't be surprised if they trot out some additional women before Monday with their uncorroborated "stories".

Edited by fan_since79

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The 10 am deadline for Ford to decide whether she will testify on Monday has come and gone. They're now in "negotiations" for an extension. Republicans need to stop this madness now.

The Dems need to run out the clock until November and hope to win back the Senate. I wouldn't be surprised if they trot out some additional women before Monday with their uncorroborated "stories".

Yeah, I'm sure there a just tons of women out there who can't wait to get their lives gutted inside and out.  Come on man.

34 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Oh no! 

33 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah, I'm sure there a just tons of women out there who can't wait to get their lives gutted inside and out.  Come on man.

You know this woman was a hardcore leftist activist who scrubbed most of her online history before she was made public right?  You don’t think there’s women out there who would lie for the cause like this?  

Hysteria has has taken over the Democrat Party.  

It’s interesting how caring the Democrats are for the woman who was assaulted by Keith Ellison.  There’s actual evidence in that case, but do the Dems care?  Not a bit.  They are shameless and disgusting.  

"During their call with the committee Ford's lawyers outlined these demands, according to a source close to the process:

• Ford will not appear any sooner than next Thursday
  • No questions to be asked at hearing by any outside counsel — only by Senators;
  • Mark Judge must be subpoenaed;
  • Kavanaugh would testify first, then Ford would testify, and Kavanaugh would have no opportunity to respond or rebut;
  • The Friday deadline for her to provide a written statement before the hearing would be waived;
  • Provide adequate security;
  • Only one pool camera in hearing room; 
  • Ford and Kavanaugh allotted the same amount of time to talk."

6 minutes ago, full circle said:

You know this woman was a hardcore leftist activist who scrubbed most of her online history before she was made public right?  You don’t think there’s women out there who would lie for the cause like this?  

Hysteria has has taken over the Democrat Party.  

Did you learn that from Newsmax?