Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

2,471 posts in this topic

Just now, Rico said:

Still, is it too much for Kavanaugh to simply shake his hand?  Guy introduced himself as a father of one of the Parkland victims, he stuck out his hand in a non-threatening manner, Kavanaugh takes a moment to process it all and decides to bolt.  He can't even say, "Hey man, sorry for your loss." or "Thoughts and prayers."  Nothing.

He’s was rattled and intimidated.  Obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’d like to see you say this garbage to this guys face. 

This man was invited there by stupid Feinstein and had been tweeting that he wants to prevent this man from getting confirmed to the SCOTUS. He was not there grieving his daughter. His motives were obviously political. This scene was staged to make Kavanaugh look bad. Had it been in a different setting, I’m certain it goes down a different way. Just read this man’s twitter page. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't shake everybody's hand who offers it to me.

Have you guys never noticed how many disgusting pigs don't wash their hands after taking a piss, pick their nose, scratch their ass,etc? 

Yeah but this wasn’t a Trump rally. It was a Senate confirmation hearing held inside the capitol building 

Edited by arch stanton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Yeah but this wasn’t a Trump rally. It was a Senate confirmation hearing held inside the capitol building 

he probably assumed the guy was some hippy lib dirtbag 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rico said:

Kavanaugh did that on his own.  How he handled the situation was all his doing.

If this is the hope that the opposition hangs their hopes on, we're fucked. We're so fucked. At this point the ineptness of the opposition borders on complicity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rico said:

Kavanaugh did that on his own.  How he handled the situation was all his doing.

He didn't know the guy, has no reason whatsoever in this situation to engage with him. It doesn't matter what the guy said or even if he has his hand out. He wasn't supposed to try and make contact with Kavanaugh in that building, at that time, it was innapropriate and received a appropriate response of being shunned while also garnering the attention of security.

What you won't accept is that he crossed the line. His own admission was he was there to subterfuge the nomination and security should have never let him in the building. And that is actually another point, he really should not have been allowed withing 50 feet of Kavanaugh after his Twitter posts. 

So rage on as if this wasn't a staged event. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rico said:

Kavanaugh did that on his own.  How he handled the situation was all his doing.

If you look at the video, he stopped, then saw the security start to approach the guy. At that point he looked confused and then turned away. Do we even know he heard what the man was saying to him? Even if he did, it takes a moment to process this, while the security is moving in. I think he was startled and instinct took over to move away from an unknown possible threat, in the context of the abuse he endured all day long and the overall intimidating atmosphere. Guttenberg and he never got close enough to each other to have any meaningful interaction or chance for Kavanaugh to deliberately refuse to shake his hand. The whole thing happened in seconds.

 

Edited by fan_since79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blarg said:

He didn't know the guy, has no reason whatsoever in this situation to engage with him. It doesn't matter what the guy said or even if he has his hand out. He wasn't supposed to try and make contact with Kavanaugh in that building, at that time, it was innapropriate and received a appropriate response of being shunned while also garnering the attention of security.

What you won't accept is that he crossed the line. His own admission was he was there to subterfuge the nomination and security should have never let him in the building. And that is actually another point, he really should not have been allowed withing 50 feet of Kavanaugh after his Twitter posts. 

So rage on as if this wasn't a staged event. 

He was invited by Feinstein so he only had good intentions with no political motivation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

If you look at the video, he stopped, then saw the security start to approach the guy. At that point he looked confused and then turned away. Do we even know he heard what the man was saying to him? Even if he did, it takes a moment to process this, while the security is moving in. I think he was startled and instinct took over to move away from an unknown possible threat, in the context of the abuse he endured all day long and the overall intimidating atmosphere. Guttenberg and he never got close enough to each other to have any meaningful interaction or chance for Kavanaugh to deliberately refuse to shake his hand. The whole thing happened in seconds.

 

According to the Dems it's enough to not confirm him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No legal scholar at all, but i think its just more propaganda.  
No the constitution doesnt specifically mention the word privacy, but many other legal case work does.  Even if RvW were overturned on those grounds, there has simply been to much case law regarding the subject for the entire thing to do a 180 overnight. 
None of this has anything to do with Kavanaugh though... his views arent the issue, who is appointing him is, its just a way to rile up the extremist left on a Tuesday, nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they're worried that he'll be there, along with enough other conservatives, to overturn Roe v. Wade a decade from now. The court will have to chip away at the precedent in stages to make that happen.

Kavanaugh is only 53 years old. He might have 30 years on the court.

Wait until Ginzburg retires (or dies). Amy Coney Barrett, if she's nominated, will provoke a firestorm like we've never seen before. A young, pro-life woman judge. 

It's always about abortion with the Dems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I think they're worried that he'll be there, along with enough other conservatives, to overturn Roe v. Wade a decade from now. The court will have to chip away at the precedent in stages to make that happen.

Kavanaugh is only 53 years old. He might have 30 years on the court.

Wait until Ginzburg retires (or dies). Amy Coney Barrett, if she's nominated, will provoke a firestorm like we've never seen before. A young, pro-life woman judge. 

It's always about abortion with the Dems.

RvW isn’t changing. It’s just stirring up fear for the Democratic base 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options