failos

Mike Scioscia just shot himself in the foot

80 posts in this topic

Mike Scioscia just shot himself in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese baseball culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an a******. If you screw someone over in Japan by shitty managing, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to support the Angels, nor will they watch any games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Mike Scioscia has alienated an entire market with this move. Mike Scioscia, publicly apologize and resign or you can kiss Trout and Shohei goodbye. 

40 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Haha this dude is legit hallucinating shit. GDT wasn’t enough huh.  Really doubling down on this scalding hot take. 

That phrase got me for some reason, lol

2 minutes ago, failos said:

I'm an adjunct college professor I think my brain is fine thanks.

If you'd like to receive legitimate response, it might be wise to at least specify which individual move(s) you disagreed with tonight. Not sure how many are going to try determine the timestamp of your post, figure out how long it took you to formulate and write said post and then go back and identify the apparently egregious move. Maybe start with doing that, then at least a real conversation can occur. 

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

He’s an adjunct professor of Japanese Baseball culture.  Don’t question him. 

At least it shows a reasonable degree of modesty. Definition of adjunct is "a thing added to something else as a supplementary rather than an essential part." So a professor, but not essential. Will respect his higher learned response as he elaborates and articulates the finer points of his diatribe. Have to, given the expertise, after all. 

32 minutes ago, failos said:

I'm an adjunct college professor I think my brain is fine thanks.

Thank God your not tenured.  

Just curious what do you teach? Sociology of the Far East?