Sign in to follow this  
Taylor

Trabuco Canyon Fire

137 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Jobu said:

You should definitely evacuate RSM.

That's unrelated to the fire, just general advice.

Haha.

We don't live in RSM, but my wife was there earlier and saw the smoke clearly.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This one is different than the "normal" ones...ill give more details when the story breaks

Hopefully not some volunteer CalFire asshole looking for action down south

9 hours ago, halomatt said:

We can see it here in Corona.  Doesn't look like it's moved beyond the ridgeline to our side yet. 

I'm in the Corona area too, next to the Cleveland national forest and damn it looks like the end of the world

8 hours ago, failos said:

I'm in the Corona area too, next to the Cleveland national forest and damn it looks like the end of the world

Yup.  Pretty Hellish looking out there.

14 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

But agreed. The dickheads that set these things are trash of the highest level. Up there with active shooters. Completely ruining lives for some cheap thrill.

Will they get caught?

As of this morning the fire had moved away from where my boss is but now it's back and on the other side while the planes are dumping the fire retardant.  Heard they had to rescue two hikers when this started which made me think of TORS' comment about it being arson.  

22 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Hopefully not some volunteer CalFire asshole looking for action down south

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Will they get caught?

Dont quote me but I think already in custody.

Cant give much info because its an in going investigation, but my understanding is they knew who set it within a half hour or so after it started.

6 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

As of this morning the fire had moved away from where my boss is but now it's back and on the other side while the planes are dumping the fire retardant.  Heard they had to rescue two hikers when this started which made me think of TORS' comment about it being arson.  

Wasnt them. They just got caught un the middle.

Again, dont quote me because my agency isnt the handle, but my understanding was that it wasnt some pyro that wanted to see a giant wildfire....it was directed at something specific...

One of my fire buddies sent me this yesterday...we sent 20 of our guys north to help out with the montecito one, just as this one was getting going.

Fire is spread way thin right now. The biggest need are the air tankers, but theyre spread all over the west coast...

Just read the trabuco fire requested 600 firefighters but are only getting half...too many fires going...

20180807_205019.jpg

looks like it split.  Saw two tall headers this morning from my house in RSM vs just the one we'd seen since the beginning.  First time it's looked this ferocious this early in the morning.

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Dont quote me but I think already in custody.

Cant give much info because its an in going investigation, but my understanding is they knew who set it within a half hour or so after it started.

Give that one the worst possible Shawshank Boggs for life! 

17 minutes ago, Biergott said:

looks like it split.  Saw two tall headers this morning from my house in RSM vs just the one we'd seen since the beginning.  First time it's looked this ferocious this early in the morning.

Cant find any info, but noticed on the drive in today that its definitely back on the OC side of the Santiqgo mountains....