Sign in to follow this  
red321

Seattle fires 10 scouts

78 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Didn't JD just get an extension, too? Good to see him making sure that we won't have to deal with Seattle in future years.

Both he and the Lefty Phillips clone, Scott Servais

I'm guessing that being a scout is not the best resume for being a manager either. 

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

Yep. Him and Servais both got extensions for Seattle's smoke and mirrors season this year.

Can you imagine being so bad at baseball statistics that you extend a GM because his team is outplaying their Pythagorean record? Like damn dude.

10 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Can you imagine being so bad at baseball statistics that you extend a GM because his team is outplaying their Pythagorean record? Like damn dude.

They are sitting 15 games over .500 .vs a pythag projected record of 6 games under.   It's honestly pretty amazing.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

They are sitting 15 games over .500 .vs a pythag projected record of 6 games under.   It's honestly pretty amazing.

That really is. I wonder what the record is for differential between pythag and actual records - you would think this has got to be up there. Granted the season isn't over, that that gap seems likely to close a bit.

they haven't traded Kyle Lewis because he's 23 and in his first small sample of AA he's got a sub .500 ops after putting up a .730 ops in high A.  

they were suspiciously quiet at the deadline because they have no money and no prospects.  

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Going to be hard to replace the value they were getting from Cruz... 14 mil per for 4.5 WAR....   That's a shit ton of surplus value.

I would guess they'll re-sign him but I could also see them moving Cano to DH and keeping Gordon at 2b.