Troll Daddy

Gameday: 8/12. A’s @ Angels

66 posts in this topic

It is pretty hard to care about a game when they are .500 playing without Trout, 10 games out of the wild card, and not yet in September when at least there could be some new interesting faces to see.

This is a very tough time to really be engaged.

47 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

It is pretty hard to care about a game when they are .500 playing without Trout, 10 games out of the wild card, and not yet in September when at least there could be some new interesting faces to see.

This is a very tough time to really be engaged.

I've only been casually following them lately.  Agree w/ what you said.

I caught a couple of minutes of the roundtable with Sioscia when I was coming back from some errands.  One of the questions was about Rene Rivera and when he'd return.  I guess that's about as exciting it gets these days.  "When's that run-of-the-mill 35-year old catcher who only played 22 games earlier this year and is not signed past this year coming back?"  Exciting time.

Gonna be honest, it's hard to get excited about this team - current or future - with all of these injuries. Who cares if we end up with the best farm in baseball if everyone who comes up is injured immediately? Someone needs to be fired...