Sign in to follow this  
Vladdylonglegs

Worst possible debut for Ward

109 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

I agree there’s no reason to play Marte ever, but they could still be assessing Cowart for the future and could be more sold on what they have in Ward.  Cowart is a guy they have to make a decision on where as Ward is the guy that will absolutely be on the 40 man roster next year.  

Cowart blows donkey dick. Ward needs to play. I like Cowart but the dude flat out can’t hit a baseball.

43 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Cowart blows donkey dick. Ward needs to play. I like Cowart but the dude flat out can’t hit a baseball.

But he can sure flat out play defense.

3 minutes ago, tomsred said:

But he can sure flat out play defense.

Agreed. There’s not much more to assess though. Cowart can’t hit. It’s embarrassing. He can field, we know that. He’s a utility player and late inning defensive replacement, at best. We need to figure out if Ward has starter potential. I just see no logic in not giving Ward every day at bats. Especially if Cowart or Marte are the alternatives.....ewww.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

I'm starting to think you're related to him.

No, but I'm always playing defense at home.  I can appreciate the difficulty, LOL.  That said, his defense alone will not keep him in the show for long.  He's probably been over coached on the hitting side, he just doesn't look very athletic with his current batting stance.  As we were discussing in another thread, maybe he should see Shaun Wooten, bend over more, and quit waving that lumber around out in front of him.  Of the batting stance of Angel hitters, I like Ohtani the best.  He quiets the bat on his shoulder until the pitcher initiates his delivery, then the bat comes up.  I think Cowart used to do this, I wonder why he moved away from it.  Pitchers take so damn long sometimes between pitches it kind of freezes the hitters in a tension promoting position for too long.  Less tension, better more powerful and on plane swings.

Hey Tank, your a golfer like me.  You can't make your best swings with a lot of tension being created.  You get more flexibility, and generate more swing speed with a more relaxed preshot routine and actual swing.

34 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Anyone notice that the uniform number given to Ward is the same number that was worn by Brandon Wood?

Was just thinking the other day how much he looked like Brandon Wood in an Angels uni.

3 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Anyone notice that the uniform number given to Ward is the same number that was worn by Brandon Wood?

yes. it was mentioned a couple of days ago in another thread (maybe the game day thread or taylor ward was called up thread).

18 hours ago, greginpsca said:

I read once that mantle felt the pressure because the number sequence of ruth, gherig, dimaggio.

Can you imagine the pressure ward feels wearing that number? 

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

I read once that mantle felt the pressure because the number sequence of ruth, gherig, dimaggio.

Can you imagine the pressure ward feels wearing that number? 

The pressure to follow Ian Kinsler and Danny Espinosa?

As far as the number 3 goes, I feel like Espinosa played most of the suck out of the number then Kinsler finished it off with his start and actually added some goodness to the number. Personally, if I was joining the Angels I'd ask for 27. It seems to work pretty well

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

As far as the number 3 goes, I feel like Espinosa played most of the suck out of the number then Kinsler finished it off with his start and actually added some goodness to the number. Personally, if I was joining the Angels I'd ask for 27. It seems to work pretty well

I agree 

image.jpeg