Sign in to follow this  
nate

Super official Ryder Cup 2018 thread discussion

80 posts in this topic

Literally turn it on to see Finau on a par three hit it short, but magically it hits the wood frame between the water and fringe to bounce and land within around three feet. Absolutely insane.

Rory may not play any significant matches the rest of this tournament.

Tee times for the afternoon session at the 2018 Ryder Cup were announced while the morning session was still going on. Here's a look at who will go out for the U.S. and European teams in the alternate portion of Day 1.

All times Eastern, Team USA vs. Team Europe

Match 1 (7:50 a.m.): Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler vs. Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson
Match 2 (8:05 a.m.): Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson vs. Rory McIlroy and Ian Poulter
Match 3 (8:30 a.m.): Phil Mickelson and Bryson DeChambeau vs. Sergio Garcia and Alex Noren
Match 4 (8:35 a.m.): Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas vs. Francesco Molinari and Tommy Fleetwood.

So it's been a while since I've seen even part of an opening ceremony for the Ryder Cup.  But is what happened yesterday the norm now?  That looked absolutely like a Superbowl party for the introductions.  That really kind of got me excited, unfortunately I'll  miss it this weekend.

Just read about it, yikes.

Fun to watch for about an hour this morning at 3am. Forgot how the crowd energy is for this thing.

What happened with DJ and Rickie in the afternoon sesh? They looked real good in the morning best ball. Did Rose and Stenson just smash?

The Americans golfed like clowns in the afternoon!    Two 5 and 4 results included in the big afternoon goose egg?   Really?  Really?  Really?   Really????

New captain is also needed.

With Lefty, the writing was on the wall when he tanked BIG TIME at the Tour Championship.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Not having Keopka out there is a crime.  Speith really has become a choker, he was a mess in the second session.

you obviously didn't watch the morning session., especially the front 9, when he was by far the best player on the course. 

Yeah, what I watched Spieth looked solid. Him and Thomas was a great pairing in both.

I liked that Furyk kept the two solid pairings the same for the afternoon, but the other two looks kind of suspect. But if Bryson or Webb carry the team and crush we call him a genius.

Pairings for tomorrow look interesting if you liked the morning sesh today.

18 hours ago, Lou said:

you obviously didn't watch the morning session., especially the front 9, when he was by far the best player on the course. 

You must have missed the second session where he completely duffed a few chip shots.

That said, he was good this morning too.