Sign in to follow this  
Vegas Halo Fan

2018-19 General NFL Thread

149 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

What an idoit.  What was his major in college, Brandon?  Dude is gonna need it.

Ha! Are you sure you want to know?

seriously?

are you ready? 

CRIMINAL JUSTICE ! 

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Holy cow the chiefs actually released Kareem hunt 

Kinda deserves it. I picked up Spencer Ware real quick in both my fantasy leagues.

1 hour ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

What an idoit.  What was his major in college, Brandon?  Dude is gonna need it.

How the F*ck would I know about some random dudes college major?

This hurts and likely fucks up the Chiefs season in a place where they are the best team in the AFC (it's like being an Angels fan). I saw the video and didn't think it was that bad considering the fact they were all on a pub crawl and he kicked them out when he found out they were only 19 and not 21. This was handled over the summer, but I know the NFL gets hard about video like Ray Rice, so I expected a two game suspension for shits and giggles. This is just ridiculous. Now some team is going to sign a beast within two days that will haunt the team. Discipline him if you want to, but release him is bullshit.

Timing of the video seems suspect.

I'll be honest, I'm kind of butt hurt about this. Great player and kid to the community. Sad to see a drunken pub crawl go bad and ruin his career in the uniform. We are the best team in the AFC this year, but now I'm not sure.

I'm not sure how to feel about McCarthy being fired. The defense has been a sieve for a few years, and the kicking game has cost them two games this year. How much of that should land on the head coach is always up for debate.

How many saw the Giants beating a hot Bears team?    Although OBJr. needs to stop standing there on onside kicks.   Bears should have never had a chance to tie it up.   

Rams have virtually clinched a first round bye, and can focus now on HFA for both NFC playoff games leading to the Super Bowl.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

I'm not sure how to feel about McCarthy being fired. The defense has been a sieve for a few years, and the kicking game has cost them two games this year. How much of that should land on the head coach is always up for debate.

Agreed but it feels like their offense or offensive playbook hasn't changed while a lot of other offenses across the league have.  If you look at yards per game they're 8th but points per game they're middle of the pack at 16th.  When I saw McCarthy got let go I wasn't surprised because of the supposed rift between him and Rodgers but then I was trying to think of notable players they've drafted in the last 5 years and don't know how much of that is on McCarthy or the GM.

Rams are back on top of the power rankings, followed by Saints, Chiefs, Pats, and Chargers .  

Only disagreement is with where the Pats and Chargers are.   I would have put the Chargers 4th and Pats 5th.   Coming from 16 down in Pittsburgh is no ordinary task, plus the Chargers are 8-1 since starting the season 1-2.  

But will get smoked on the 13th. Which I'll watch in person and it will be cold as shit.

Chiefs play three playoff teams in 13 days....Ravens, Chargers, and Seahawks. Will be a tough stretch. Time to see what we are made of.

Some crazy finishes yesterday:

Dallas’ TD in OT

Oakland's late TD after giving up the lead against Pittsburgh 

KC’s win in OT against a solid Ravens team, after missing a makable FG as regulation ended

But Miami’s takes the cake, a two lateral 69 yard TD pass on the last play of the game against the Pats. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Some crazy finishes yesterday:

Dallas’ TD in OT

Oakland's late TD after giving up the lead against Pittsburgh 

KC’s win in OT against a solid Ravens team, after missing a makable FG as regulation ended

But Miami’s takes the cake, a two lateral 69 yard TD pass on the last play of the game against the Pats. 

Not finishes, but there was also a Dallas 59-yard FG (Michael Badgley) and a Chargers 62-yarder (Bret Maher), both franchise records.

Edited by fan_since79

The Rams and Chargers are now each in a two way tie for the best record in their respective conferences.

Who saw that coming just two years ago?

The Chargers no doubt wish that they had that abomination of a second half at home vs Denver to do over again.