Sign in to follow this  
BackUpTheTruck

Internet Free Speech Thread

128 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

So who do you think is always telling the truth?

Not everything you read is true, and not everything you read is false.

Good God, are you this daft? Really that stubbornly obtuse that you can't separate Alex Jones from everyone else and not see he is a vicious man with evil intent? Truly cruel and inscrupulous as any evil person that has existed and yet your knobbing him because occaisionally he isn't lying and that validates what he does?

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Good God, are you this daft? Really that stubbornly obtuse that you can't separate Alex Jones from everyone else and not see he is a vicious man with evil intent? Truly cruel and inscrupulous as any evil person that has existed and yet your knobbing him because occaisionally he isn't lying and that validates what he does?

Alex Jones is not evil, neither are people like Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon.

All of these people bring an element of truth, as crazy and evil as they appear to some.

You can find fault with any human being on this planet, that doesn't stop you from having an open mind and thinking critically.

https://citizentruth.org/gab-gets-alex-jones-treatment-after-cnn-blames-it-for-synagogue-shooting/

Editorial by Carmine Sabia:

"When the Founding Fathers of the United States decided that free speech needed to be protected it was not popular speech that they were concerned about. No one wants to ban popular speech.

It is the unpopular speech, the words of a man like Alex Jones who some find scary, that need to be protected. Jones was painted as a man calling for people to be attacked. A dangerous man. But anyone who ever heard Jones or read what he wrote was aware that that was a blatant lie. He just said unpopular things.

He questioned the government, he questioned what has been called the deep state and, yes, he questioned the Sandy Hook massacre. I disagreed with him on that, and on other things, but I did not want him silenced.

I don’t want anyone silenced. That is not what America is about. We talk, we debate, we argue, we shout, and we should thank God every day that we are in a nation that allows it rather than a nation like Saudi Arabia where a dissenting journalist could be found on foreign soil and murdered."

No one is censoring Alex Jones.  He can say whatever he wants and post his thoughts/videos/messages on his website whenever he wants.  He can go stand in the public square and share his thoughts with anyone who will listen.  He has his free speech.

If a social media company doesn't want his loony tunes thoughts and ideas on their platform, good for them.  That's capitalism at work. 

(I assume we're all still pro-capitalism)

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

No one is censoring Alex Jones.  He can say whatever he wants and post his thoughts/videos/messages on his website whenever he wants.  He can go stand in the public square and share his thoughts with anyone who will listen.  He has his free speech.

If a social media company doesn't want his loony tunes thoughts and ideas on their platform, good for them.  That's capitalism at what. 

Agreed. Still a dangerous game considering how powerful the internet has become

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Agreed. Still a dangerous game considering how powerful the internet has become

Sure.  But then it's a business opportunity for anyone who wants to launch a competitive platform.

29 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Great, that is how we ended up with FOX news and MSNBC

It's certainly not a perfect system, but it's better than government run media.  (Which both MSNBC and Fox have taken their turns coming close to)

21 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

https://www.libertynation.com/online-free-speech-is-dead-gab-faces-imminent-shutdown/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"Virtual Masters: Yesterday it was Alex Jones, today it is GAB, tomorrow it will be any soul who dares to dream of a world where people can communicate freely."

https://www.infowars.com/world-exclusive-gab-founder-responds-to-synagogue-massacre-lashes-out-at-the-lying-msm/

29 minutes ago, Geoff said:

It's a good line.

Yes it is.

Unfortunately, there is no right wing, or even neutral alternative to Twitter/Facebook/YouTube.

That is what Gab is trying to be, and they are unfairly being shut down.

Unless a platform like Gab becomes mainstream, I consider Twitter/Facebook/YouTube the "public square"; and it is wrong that they have the power to silence primarily those on the right.

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Yes it is.

Unfortunately, there is no right wing, or even neutral alternative to Twitter/Facebook/YouTube.

That is what Gab is trying to be, and they are unfairly being shut down.

Unless a platform like Gab becomes mainstream, I consider Twitter/Facebook/YouTube the "public square"; and it is wrong that they have the power to silence primarily those on the right.

Do you have a Gab account ?  If not you should do your part and support them.  You’d be a perfect fit for their community. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

There's your business opportunity.  Go build one!  You'll clearly make billions!

On 10/28/2018 at 2:59 PM, Geoff said:

If a social media company doesn't want his loony tunes thoughts and ideas on their platform, good for them.  That's capitalism at work. 

Reminds me of a high school classmate who I blocked content from in 2016 so that it wouldn't appear on my wall. He was lunatic fringe even by Trump standards. He accused me of violating his First Amendment rights by not allowing his bilge to show up on my personal page.