Sign in to follow this  
greginpsca

2018 Hot Stove League

1,828 posts in this topic

Bryce Harper to Angels

Patrick Corbin to Angels

Calhoun, Griffin Canning, Jahmai Jones, and Pujols walking boot traded to Mets for DeGrom

sign the good FA relievers not the bad ones

110 wins, WS victory over Phillies in 5 games which seals deal for Trout to re-sign with the Angels and NOT go to his hometown Phillies who just lost and failed to win the WS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

Bryce Harper to Angels

Patrick Corbin to Angels

Calhoun, Griffin Canning, Jahmai Jones, and Pujols walking boot traded to Mets for DeGrom

sign the good FA relievers not the bad ones

110 wins, WS victory over Phillies in 5 games which seals deal for Trout to re-sign with the Angels and NOT go to his hometown Phillies who just lost and failed to win the WS

 

Don’t know what drugs you’re on but i like where your head is at 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see what stupid thing Derek Jeter does this offseason.

Dump young talent so they can rebuild with young talent?  Maybe threaten or alienate more players?

Maybe they should start with correcting the team name.  The plural form of Marlin is Marlin, not Marlins.  Would anyone be dumb enough to make a team the Deers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jordan said:

Any wagers on Eppler doing something on day 1?  

Doesn't matter to me if he does anything on day 1.  I just want to see the team clearly doing things to try to win now (obviously without gutting the future).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Doesn't matter to me if he does anything on day 1.  I just want to see the team clearly doing things to try to win now (obviously without gutting the future).

 

Yeah same here. But I was only referring to how quickly he works. I know he signed Upton on Day 1 last year and the year before he did something I thought?  Anyways, I fully suspect he will be dialing in on pitching more quickly than last offseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Can't wait to see what stupid thing Derek Jeter does this offseason.

Dump young talent so they can rebuild with young talent?  Maybe threaten or alienate more players?

Maybe they should start with correcting the team name.  The plural form of Marlin is Marlin, not Marlins.  Would anyone be dumb enough to make a team the Deers?

He will sign Kershaw for 8/300

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jordan said:

Yeah same here. But I was only referring to how quickly he works. I know he signed Upton on Day 1 last year and the year before he did something I thought?  Anyways, I fully suspect he will be dialing in on pitching more quickly than last offseason. 

But the Upton thing was different.  The normal timing for that negotiation was hammering out an extension prior to free agency.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offseason Dates to know

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents. MLB used to make players file for free agency, which was a total waste of time. Now players automatically become free agents once eligible. It is important to note free agents can not sign with new teams just yet. They have to wait five days for that.

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date.

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible free agents the qualifying offer.

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced.

Nov. 5: Finalists for the major 2018 awards are announced. Those awards are: Manager and Rookie of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player. Three finalists are announced for each award in each league. MLB has been announcing finalists for a few seasons now in an effort to generate buzz.

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 8: Silver Sluggers announced.

Nov. 8-15: The MLB Japan All-Star Series. Every few years MLB sends a team of All-Stars across the pond to play a series of exhibition games against a team of Japanese All-Stars. Yadier Molina and Rhys Hoskins are among the players to have already committed to the event. Here are the game dates and locations:

  • Nov. 8-11 in Tokyo
  • Nov. 13 in Hiroshima
  • Nov. 14-15 in Nagoya

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 12: Rookies of the Year announced.

Nov. 13: Managers of the Year announced.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta.

Nov. 14: Cy Young awards announced.

Nov. 15: Most Valuable Players announced.

Nov. 19: Comeback Players of the Year announced.

Nov. 20: Designated Hitter of the Year announced.

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft. Generally speaking, college players drafted no later than 2015 and high school players drafted no later than 2014 are Rule 5 Draft eligible this winter, as are players signed internationally no later than 2014.

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas.

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft.

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures.

Mid-January: BBWAA voting results for the 2019 Hall of Fame class announced.

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings.

Mid-February: Spring training camps across Florida and Arizona open. Hooray for that. Cactus League play begins February 21 and Grapefruit League play begins February 22.

March 20-21: The 2019 regular season begins with the Athletics and Mariners playing a pair of games in Tokyo.

March 28: Opening Day!

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2018-19-mlb-offseason-key-dates-free-agency-winter-meetings-hall-of-fame-awards-and-more/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Kershaw is declining, plus really sucks in the postseason.

Perfect for the Halls, pretty decent chance they won't make it anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go get Whit Merrifield.  Royals rebuilding.

The Angels certainly have to bodies to make this happen without moving the few "most important" prospects like Adell and Canning.

2B, fits at leadoff.  .304/.367/.438 with 45 steals.

Come on Eppler! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Go get Whit Merrifield.  Royals rebuilding.

The Angels certainly have to bodies to make this happen without moving the few "most important" prospects like Adell and Canning.

2B, fits at leadoff.  .304/.367/.438 with 45 steals.

Come on Eppler! 

I just don't see them making this kind of move for the infield. They have too many internal options in Ward, Fletcher, Renfigo, Cozart, Fernandez, Cowart, etc.

I think he'd cost them Thaiss or Marsh.

I can see them making a move to acquire another Catcher, and also going for a guy that plays multiple positions, as in 1st, OF, 2nd, etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options