greginpsca

2018 Hot Stove League

3,593 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

he's not saying 'go out and get a bunch of guys on one year deals so we can trade them at the deadline'.  He's saying 'should we obtain a guy on a one year deal, the added benefit is that they could be worth something in trade at the deadline should we be out of it'.  

as far as signing the 'bounce back' type player, I agree that I'd rather have the guy who's show consistency than the guy coming off a bad year, but for relievers it's a little different due to their volatility.  I'd have preferred to keep Alvarez over Luis Garcia.  I'd prefer Robertson over signing a guy like Allen or Holland but I definitely prefer the latter over not doing anything else.  

I guarantee you with 100% certainty that if we are in the WC race at the deadline we not only won't trade anyone away, but we will likely be buyers.  

No he didnt say that, it was just his first reaction to it :)  if i misread then so be it  

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Jays paying 54 mil this year to players not playing for them.    Tulo's go away money and now Martin.

Hey, I think they just broke Arte's record, didnt they?

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Jays paying 54 mil this year to players not playing for them.    Tulo's go away money and now Martin.

I am not familiar with the prospects they got back but if I were the Jays I would want decent ones for paying down that much salary despite Martin's projected performance.

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

hmmm.   do you think someone missed the snap count or they were overly aggressive?  

the running back goaltended