greginpsca

2018 Hot Stove League

3,591 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lou said:

a room? who the hell do you think we are? 

we got a suite 

A suite deal on handcuffs and anal beads doesn't count Lou. :dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

If I had to guess a mystery team in on Machado, it would be one of the Cubs, M's, Braves and Angels

I could see the Cubs realizing they need to get rid of Russel.  Or they could put Bryant in the OF and trade Schwarber.  But it doesn't seem they have any money. 

The braves could trade Swanson for a nice pitcher.  

I've always felt the M's were a dark horse for either Machado or Harper.  Odds are pretty low of course, but it seems like a JD thing to do.  Break down the whole team and then lure a super start.  

I hope it doesn't happen, but from the Angels on the field become much better with Machado.  Clubhouse suffers though.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If I had to guess a mystery team in on Machado, it would be one of the Cubs, M's, Braves and Angels

I could see the Cubs realizing they need to get rid of Russel.  Or they could put Bryant in the OF and trade Schwarber.  But it doesn't seem they have any money. 

I've always felt the M's were a dark horse for either Machado or Harper.  Odds are pretty low of course, but it seems like a JD thing to do.  Break down the whole team and then lure a super start.  

I hope it doesn't happen, but from the Angels on the field become much better with Machado.  Clubhouse suffers though.  

Does it?  if there is any 2 players in the game Manny might listen to, its Pujols and Trout.   I agree in general but i gotta believe neither of those 2 would have it.
Manny needs to be somewhere where he isnt the man to diffuse that attitude 

48 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I know he has had attitude problems in the last year but this statement is not a foregone conclusion. He's young, he made mistakes. Recent ones for the most part. Need to take the foot off the pedal a bit.

19 minutes ago, ettin said:

I know he has had attitude problems in the last year but this statement is not a foregone conclusion. He's young, he made mistakes. Recent ones for the most part. Need to take the foot off the pedal a bit.

yeah, I'm going to take Fletch's word for it 

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

yeah, I'm going to take Fletch's word for it 

Again not saying that he hasn't acted like an ass but the same thing was said about Harper not too long back and he has been fine since. It is not a foregone conclusion with anyone. Only time will tell.

38 minutes ago, ettin said:

Again not saying that he hasn't acted like an ass but the same thing was said about Harper not too long back and he has been fine since. It is not a foregone conclusion with anyone. Only time will tell.

the things being said haven't changed for Machado.  The early excuse was that he was young and inexperienced.  He's always gonna be a douche.  

Let's put it this way.  I guys making 300mil isn't going to have a positive impact on the clubhouse, and most likely, he'll have a negative one.  

1 hour ago, ettin said:

he was 26 (hardly a youngster), in the middle of a World Series run, and all he had to do is refrain from acting like a nitwit for 3 months and he failed. 

The Angels are evidently a team to watch on Giants southpaws Will Smith and Tony Watson, as Andrew Baggarly of The Athletic reports that the teams “have been in constant contact this winter” regarding both pitchers (subscription link). It’s not surprising to see the Halos chasing lefties, as their current staff is quite thin in that area. Whether or not the club will offer up enough to entice the Giants remains to be seen. The San Francisco org is surely willing to deal either or both of these veteran relievers, each of whom is coming off of a strong season with an appealing contract situation, but there figures to be ample interest from other teams as well. With many of the best free agent relievers already off the board, now may be the time for new Giants president of baseball operations Farhan Zaidi to market his southpaws in earnest.

13 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

is he though?  

They make me smirk.  It’s a breathe of air after reading another thread about uniforms and how we aren’t committed to winning and experts.