Sign in to follow this  
fan_since79

The Caravan(s)

297 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

and wear the same clothes?  jesus man its not hard to spot a frozen t-shirt after youve had kids/grandkids in the last decade, lol 

I was trying to do something nice for you old dudes and make references you would enjoy, too.

2ni5fa.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, floplag said:

I find it kinda odd that every picture of a "family" in this incident appears to be the same mother and daughters from differing angles...

Even this one. 

dwzzlv.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calscuf said:

I was trying to do something nice for you old dudes and make references you would enjoy, too.

2ni5fa.jpg

i'm holding out for barnaby jones or jessica fletcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/border-patrol-arrests-ms-13-member-migrant-caravan/amp/

 

Border Patrol Arrests MS-13 Member Who Traveled with Caravan

U.S. Border Patrol agents have arrested a member of the infamous Salvadoran MS-13 gang who admitted to authorities that he traveled with a caravan of Central American migrants who were hoping to qualify for asylum in America.

 

Let him in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

John Roberts, that socialist Obama judge!

Oh wait, he was appointed by Dubya?

John Roberts, that traitorous anti-American judge!

I think Roberts is one of the better jurists.  I like how he seems to be very centrist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taylor said:

John Roberts, that socialist Obama judge!

Oh wait, he was appointed by Dubya?

John Roberts, that traitorous anti-American judge!

If you, as Trump, were trying to build up these people as a giant "threat", it'd be kind of inconvenient to have the court diminish the threat by ruling the other way. Much like how the right really didn't want ACA to be repealed and Roberts (Much like McCain later) stepped in to save it, they unlikely wanted the ruling to be overturned even if they had to publicly fight for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mexico is reinforcing its southern border and issuing tough new restrictions on anyone wishing to enter the country, as a new caravan is forming in Central America.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/another-migrants-caravan-sets-out/?preview_id=68910

The federal government’s new migrant policy establishes several requirements for migrants, such as providing personal information that includes biometric data, the reason for their entry and official identification, Sánchez said.

Anyone who fails to comply will be deported.

All requests for entry are to be processed within 72 hours, and should conclude with the issuing of either work permits or humanitarian visas.

Undersecretary for human rights Alejandro Encinas Rodríguez said migrants who want to cross Mexico to reach the United States must have a visa issued by that country or they will not be allowed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The federal government’s new migrant policy establishes several requirements for migrants, such as providing personal information that includes biometric data, the reason for their entry and official identification, Sánchez said.

It's unfortunate that the U.S. doesn't do any of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Mexico is reinforcing its southern border and issuing tough new restrictions on anyone wishing to enter the country, as a new caravan is forming in Central America.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/another-migrants-caravan-sets-out/?preview_id=68910

The federal government’s new migrant policy establishes several requirements for migrants, such as providing personal information that includes biometric data, the reason for their entry and official identification, Sánchez said.

Anyone who fails to comply will be deported.

All requests for entry are to be processed within 72 hours, and should conclude with the issuing of either work permits or humanitarian visas.

Undersecretary for human rights Alejandro Encinas Rodríguez said migrants who want to cross Mexico to reach the United States must have a visa issued by that country or they will not be allowed in.

It would be funny if Mexico built a wall on it's southern border, and Trump saying see, I told you Mexico would pay for the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Mexico is reinforcing its southern border and issuing tough new restrictions on anyone wishing to enter the country, as a new caravan is forming in Central America.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/another-migrants-caravan-sets-out/?preview_id=68910

The federal government’s new migrant policy establishes several requirements for migrants, such as providing personal information that includes biometric data, the reason for their entry and official identification, Sánchez said.

Anyone who fails to comply will be deported.

All requests for entry are to be processed within 72 hours, and should conclude with the issuing of either work permits or humanitarian visas.

Undersecretary for human rights Alejandro Encinas Rodríguez said migrants who want to cross Mexico to reach the United States must have a visa issued by that country or they will not be allowed in.

Well ill be damned... lol If this isnt the most ironic thing ive read in ages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's unfortunate that the U.S. has zero scrutiny at the borders. Last time I drove back from Mexico, I got through the border in less than a minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 1:48 PM, Taylor said:

It's unfortunate that the U.S. has zero scrutiny at the borders. Last time I drove back from Mexico, I got through the border in less than a minute.

They didn't notice your ID said Vladmir Bumpzky Grimeslotsky, famed Russian spy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington Post estimates 100,000 could arrive in March.

Smugglers are offering "two-for-one" pricing for adults accompanied by a child. They will be released from U.S. custody after they cross the border. Then disappear into the country. Most will not show up for their asylum hearing which is months down the line.

About 150 migrants were returned to Mexico last month. A drop in the bucket compared to the average of 2,000 a day that cross the border illegally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/national/wp/2019/03/04/feature/after-cold-busy-month-at-border-illegal-crossings-expected-to-surge-again/?utm_term=.49e2d9e0bd3d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 1:48 PM, Taylor said:

It's unfortunate that the U.S. has zero scrutiny at the borders. Last time I drove back from Mexico, I got through the border in less than a minute.

probably would have been faster if you said hola instead of hello  :)  just a tip for next time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty soon there won't be any people left in Guatemala. They're all coming here.

That's what one migrant from that country said jokingly, quoted by the Post. Except it's no joke.

$2,500 is the going rate now for a bus ticket that gets you from there to here in 7 days. Otherwise you walk. Smugglers are making a fortune.

But there's no crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My greatest bitch about all this, is how they all suddenly became refugees seeking asylum.  On what grounds?  The program requires that your life is in imminent danger from your home government?  The idea that these thousands of people are all somehow suddenly on government hit lists is just absurd.   Im sure Guatemala is now trying to kill random 5 year olds for espionage or some shit though right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're coming here because wages are ten times what they are in Guatemala. There are also various welfare programs they can access. And plenty of jobs. 

An additional lure is they can automatically apply for asylum, then disappear into the country. Their hearing dates are months or even years away and nobody will know where they went. The system is overwhelmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options