Sign in to follow this  
fan_since79

The Caravan(s)

257 posts in this topic

I agree that them being pointlessly deployed at the border is preferable to them being pointlessly deployed overseas. It's unfortunate that those are the only two possible scenarios for US soldiers.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree that them being pointlessly deployed at the border is preferable to them being pointlessly deployed overseas. It's unfortunate that those are the only two possible scenarios for US soldiers.

Thank you. Same here.

32 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Or they could not be deployed at all.

I would say the mission matters. When we started operations in Afghanistan everyone was pumped for that.  If someone had sent me to the border on some bullshit mission I would be cursing them out right now.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Does the legitimacy of a situation depend on whether or not people complain about it?

the voices of those people who are actually involved legitimize the complaints 

7 hours ago, Lou said:

the voices of those people who are actually involved legitimize the complaints 

I can guarantee you they are complaining to each other.  But they are also professionals and aren't going to make any public comments.  Technically they can't.  They explain to you in bootcamp that you are now U.S. property.  If you hurt yourself doing something stupid you are damaging property of the U.S. government.  As such you also don't have freedom of speech.  

24 minutes ago, Rico said:

I can guarantee you they are complaining to each other.  But they are also professionals and aren't going to make any public comments. 

10 hours ago, Rico said:

If someone had sent me to the border on some bullshit mission I would be cursing them out right now.

So, you weren't a professional

13 hours ago, Rico said:

I would say the mission matters. When we started operations in Afghanistan everyone was pumped for that.  If someone had sent me to the border on some bullshit mission I would be cursing them out right now.

That turned out well.