Sign in to follow this  
fan_since79

The Caravan(s)

257 posts in this topic

I agree that them being pointlessly deployed at the border is preferable to them being pointlessly deployed overseas. It's unfortunate that those are the only two possible scenarios for US soldiers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree that them being pointlessly deployed at the border is preferable to them being pointlessly deployed overseas. It's unfortunate that those are the only two possible scenarios for US soldiers.

Thank you. Same here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree that them being pointlessly deployed at the border is preferable to them being pointlessly deployed overseas. It's unfortunate that those are the only two possible scenarios for US soldiers.

Or they could not be deployed at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the mission matters. When we started operations in Afghanistan everyone was pumped for that.  If someone had sent me to the border on some bullshit mission I would be cursing them out right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Does the legitimacy of a situation depend on whether or not people complain about it?

the voices of those people who are actually involved legitimize the complaints 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lou said:

the voices of those people who are actually involved legitimize the complaints 

I can guarantee you they are complaining to each other.  But they are also professionals and aren't going to make any public comments.  Technically they can't.  They explain to you in bootcamp that you are now U.S. property.  If you hurt yourself doing something stupid you are damaging property of the U.S. government.  As such you also don't have freedom of speech.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rico said:

I can guarantee you they are complaining to each other.  But they are also professionals and aren't going to make any public comments. 

10 hours ago, Rico said:

 If someone had sent me to the border on some bullshit mission I would be cursing them out right now.

 

 

So, you weren't a professional

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rico said:

I would say the mission matters. When we started operations in Afghanistan everyone was pumped for that.  If someone had sent me to the border on some bullshit mission I would be cursing them out right now.

That turned out well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options