Sign in to follow this  
Dochalo

Ohtani wins rookie of the year!!!

56 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I'm sure Yankees fans are bitching about the vote from Tomohiko Yasuoka

They're bitching about everything. The funniest is that he shouldn't win because his team wasn't good. Idiots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited to see him DH every day next season. Going into this past season, I really thought most of his value would be in his pitching ability. But I've completely changed my mind now. I think he is a legit 45 home run threat and I really think at some point he will pick up a 1B glove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I'm excited to see him DH every day next season. Going into this past season, I really thought most of his value would be in his pitching ability. But I've completely changed my mind now. I think he is a legit 45 home run threat and I really think at some point he will pick up a 1B glove.

If Ohtani doesn't play at least 150 games at DH next year I will not be a happy camper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seeing this. Good sh*t! Thought hed get robbed,  but very well deserved.

Forget about stats for a second. Think about how cool you have to be to be on the same team as trout, and become almost as popular...first year.

Lifts glass, hopes to see those two together for many years to come...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely visit Twitter, but a quick glance earlier showed lots of love from his teammates, the front office, broadcasters.  Trout commented that he is an even better person than a player.  This team hasn't won as many games as we'd like, but we there's a lot to like on this roster.  On and off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I'm excited to see him DH every day next season. Going into this past season, I really thought most of his value would be in his pitching ability. But I've completely changed my mind now. I think he is a legit 45 home run threat and I really think at some point he will pick up a 1B glove.

Ill admit, I didnt buy into any of the hype. Not so much against him, but he sounded more like a gimmick coming over. And our recent good luck has been less than Irish.

Holy smokes was he fun to watch. That start against Oakland in April was one of the few games I was glued to the TV in a few years. Not just how good he was, but just absolutely dominant. Then he started hitting bombs, oppo field, against big name pitchers, and it was unreal.

To think.....

 

 

 

...... all the worrying in spring training :O)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ill admit, I didnt buy into any of the hype. Not so much against him, but he sounded more like a gimmick coming over. And our recent good luck has been less than Irish.

Holy smokes was he fun to watch. That start against Oakland in April was one of the few games I was glued to the TV in a few years. Not just how good he was, but just absolutely dominant. Then he started hitting bombs, oppo field, against big name pitchers, and it was unreal.

To think.....

 

 

 

...... all the worrying in spring training :O)

Dude I saw him first hand in spring training, I was like there is absolutely no way this dude can hit major league pitching. And then the regular season starts and he’s a completely different hitter. Biggest troll job in recent memory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Dick (appropriate) Scanlon should have his voting rights revoked like a black person in Georgia.

Listen, if you’ve ever met a Scanlon in real life, they’re all just absolutely terrible people.

If you Se an opportunity to Red something from this idiot, take it.  You will understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TroutField said:

Dude I saw him first hand in spring training, I was like there is absolutely no way this dude can hit major league pitching. And then the regular season starts and he’s a completely different hitter. Biggest troll job in recent memory 

Seriously. I remember someone on here, back in spring, mentioning ichiro sucked his first spring training, then went on to win ROY and MVP. 

 

George-Elaine-Okay-Hand-Gesture-In-Sarcastic-Seinfeld-Gif.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options