Sign in to follow this  
RallyMo

Actually Legitimate Free Speech Thread

39 posts in this topic

Snopes, which is usually all over stuff like this and has been shown to be fair and impartial, says that this is a real thing.

Does a Texas Law Require Government Contractors to Swear They Won’t Boycott Israel?

The Intercept‘s article accurately reflected a law signed by Texas governor Greg Abbott in 2017, which did require any and all government agencies and bodies to demand that would-be contractors sign a commitment not to boycott Israel as a prerequisite to entering into a contract with them.

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Snopes, which is usually all over stuff like this and has been shown to be fair and impartial, says that this is a real thing.

Does a Texas Law Require Government Contractors to Swear They Won’t Boycott Israel?

The Intercept‘s article accurately reflected a law signed by Texas governor Greg Abbott in 2017, which did require any and all government agencies and bodies to demand that would-be contractors sign a commitment not to boycott Israel as a prerequisite to entering into a contract with them.

Evangelicals are like the nerdy guy friend and Jews are like the hot chick he thinks that he might be able to f*ck if he’s super nice to her and does everything she wants, even shit she didn’t ask for.

POTUS:

"It’s truly incredible that shows like Saturday Night Live, not funny/no talent, can spend all of their time knocking the same person (me), over & over, without so much of a mention of “the other side.” Like an advertisement without consequences. Same with Late Night Shows. Should Federal Election Commission and/or FCC look into this? "

That's just wonderful.

On 3/18/2019 at 10:53 AM, Lou said:

I'm pretty sure the last time I watched SNL was when Phil Hartman was on it. 

i stopped watching when will farrell left. tuned in a few times but it just wasn't funny anymore. completely unwatchable today.

19 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Taxpayer dollars shouldn’t subsidize colleges at all. It’s the whole reason tuition prices are so absurd. 

Then how do you explain private universities being more expensive?

40 minutes ago, Lou said:

Then how do you explain private universities being more expensive?

You don’t think kids are getting federal grants and loans to go to private colleges?

30 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

You don’t think kids are getting federal grants and loans to go to private colleges?

I know they do. I also know they do to go to public universities.  That doesn't have anything to do with the cost of tuition. 

That's different than the school's receiving subsidies, however. If private universities received government subsidies, they could lower their tuition rates (in theory) 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I know they do. I also know they do to go to public universities.  That doesn't have anything to do with the cost of tuition

That's different than the school's receiving subsidies, however. If private universities received government subsidies, they could lower their tuition rates (in theory) 

I disagree. The easy money from the fed inflates tuition. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/prestoncooper2/2017/02/22/how-unlimited-student-loans-drive-up-tuition/