Sign in to follow this  
fan_since79

SC Justice Ruth Ginsburg has lung cancer surgery

103 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Might be best for her health.

Wouldn't be best for the health of the country. There shouldn't be a super majority, in either direction, in the Supreme Court.

This, though im truly starting to wonder if the SCOTUS is the check it was intended to be as its become little more than a partisan extension of whoever appointed them for the most part.  
I think the whole lifetime appointment thing has jumped the shark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, floplag said:

This, though im truly starting to wonder if the SCOTUS is the check it was intended to be as its become little more than a partisan extension of whoever appointed them for the most part.  
I think the whole lifetime appointment thing has jumped the shark.

The Founders never dreamed the Supreme Court would be the institution where social policy is mandated and political agendas imposed on the country by nine black robed ideologues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The Founders never dreamed the Supreme Court would be the institution where social policy is mandated and political agendas imposed on the country by nine black robed ideologues. 

Ive lost a lot of respect for a lot of judges in recent years.  I get that much of law is interpretation, but when you see a judge who is clearly following partisan ideals over anything resembling the law itself, something is horribly wrong.  
Take the recent judge in DC who has now set precedent to extend the asylum laws to cover issues that have nothing whatever to do with the home government, which was the entire intent of the program.   By his decision he has now stated that domestic and gang violence are under that program, which have nothing to do with asylum.  
Its too much power for men to handle to set policy with opinion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The Founders never dreamed the Supreme Court would be the institution where social policy is mandated and political agendas imposed on the country by nine black robed ideologues. 

I can imagine that maybe they hoped?  But I'm sure they considered it a possibility. The COTUS is full of safeguards against judicial malpractice. It wasn't like the concept of a partisan  or corrupt bench would have been foreign to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I can imagine that maybe they hoped?  But I'm sure they considered it a possibility. The COTUS is full of safeguards against judicial malpractice. It wasn't like the concept of a partisan  or corrupt bench would have been foreign to them.

That's just one letter removed from another word. I hope that doesn't mean we're about to be screwed by the Supreme Court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taylor said:

That's just one letter removed from another word. I hope that doesn't mean we're about to be screwed by the Supreme Court.

Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

First, I really hope she gets better.  

Second, I really hope she stays on the bench because I think another con on there is not good for the country.

It's too bad the justices are defined as libs and cons.

How about they just become constitutionalists, which the Founders intended them to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It's too bad the justices are defined as libs and cons.

How about they just become constitutionalists, which the Founders intended them to be.

Obama tried to accomplish that by nominating Merrick Garland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It's too bad the justices are defined as libs and cons.

How about they just become constitutionalists, which the Founders intended them to be.

This. Just interpret the constitution as it was written. TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

First, I really hope she gets better.  

Second, I really hope she stays on the bench because I think another con on there is not good for the country.

Come on man. We need another confirmation circus 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options