Sign in to follow this  
fan_since79

SC Justice Ruth Ginsburg has lung cancer surgery

99 posts in this topic

Just now, Lou said:

and here's hoping that she can once again beat this thing. 

Cancer is a bitch but Ruth has put it it's place twice before. If anyone can whip it's ass three times she's probably the one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 10:02 AM, floplag said:

This, though im truly starting to wonder if the SCOTUS is the check it was intended to be as its become little more than a partisan extension of whoever appointed them for the most part.  
I think the whole lifetime appointment thing has jumped the shark.

And would you  be reacting this way if the Leftists members were the majority?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yvangelfan said:

And would you  be reacting this way if the Leftists members were the majority?

Actually yes i would.  unlike many im not driven by partisan agendas.   i have items i side with both sides one.  I dont believe any party should have that kind of control for that long in an age where party is put above country 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Actually yes i would.  unlike many im not driven by partisan agendas.   i have items i side with both sides one.  I dont believe any party should have that kind of control for that long in an age where party is put above country 

Hi Floplag!

Which partisan agendas belong to the right, in your opinion.

Edited by yvangelfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Hi Floplag!

Which partisan agendas belong to the right, in your opinion.

Does it matter? This isnt about whats left or whats right. 
The point and the simple fact is that partisan control over SCOTUS removes the check/balance from it.  It doesnt matter who is in power, the logic still stands.   
There should be an alternate system or something that adds more to the bench or requires cross party majority for non unanimous options to become law of the land. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Does it matter? This isnt about whats left or whats right. 
The point and the simple fact is that partisan control over SCOTUS removes the check/balance from it.  It doesnt matter who is in power, the logic still stands.   
There should be an alternate system or something that adds more to the bench or requires cross party majority for non unanimous options to become law of the land. 

Wouldn't that be the same as a non majority in congress making laws?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I talked with my dad about it a little. He's a pulmonologist so lung cancer is his specialty. 

Initially, he thought this was a really bad thing. It was most likely a return of the pancreatic cancer that spread to the lungs and it would mean she would not last very long. But he has since read that it was two tumors removed and they were most likely not related to the pancreatic cancer she had. He said obviously it depends on what type of tumors they were, but more than likely this will not impact her life expectancy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Wouldn't that be the same as a non majority in congress making laws?

Not at all, the point is that neither majority or minority should be unilaterally doing so without working with the other.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Not at all, the point is that neither majority or minority should be unilaterally doing so without working with the other.  

Being a righty, I believe "bipartisan" means Mitch McConnell sends multiple budget deals over a 2 yr period without funding for the wall.

Trying to get 10 Dems to work with McConnell isn't going to happen. Bi partisan to Dems means Repubs cross the aisle and vote with them on everything.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

Being a righty, I believe "bipartisan" means Mitch McConnell sends multiple budget deals over a 2 yr period without funding for the wall.

Trying to get 10 Dems to work with McConnell isn't going to happen. Bi partisan to Dems means Repubs cross the aisle and vote with them on everything.

 

This is absolutely the silliest thing I've read. Dems and Republicans passed a bipartisan bill Leith no wall finding already. It would pass the House easily. But your boy Ryan wouldn't put a bill up for vote. 

McConnell won't put up a bipartisan bill to protect the Mueller investigation. He kills anything that isn't completely partisan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

This is absolutely the silliest thing I've read. Dems and Republicans passed a bipartisan bill Leith no wall finding already. It would pass the House easily. But your boy Ryan wouldn't put a bill up for vote. 

McConnell won't put up a bipartisan bill to protect the Mueller investigation. He kills anything that isn't completely partisan.

Yes, that bill passed, without a wall, and Trump said he would never sign another one like it again.

McConnell shouldn't bring forward the Mueller protection bill. Mueller and his gang are corrupt, and the 2 yr "investigation" is a witch hunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yvangelfan said:

Yes, that bill passed, without a wall, and Trump said he would never sign another one like it again.

McConnell shouldn't bring forward the Mueller protection bill. Mueller and his gang are corrupt, and the 2 yr "investigation" is a witch hunt.

Yes, well, they are investigating a haunted past so...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tank said:

time to return to a monarchy?

The country is too big. Too many people. We all have different values. You don’t need a mustached dictator that kills his way to power to oppress people. Voters can do it through the ballot box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options