Sign in to follow this  
Tank

Fantasy Golf 2019

314 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

LOL...yeah I figured that out after the second round. You had a leader- potential winner on your bench that I thought you might put in..

I was going to,but didn't have the guts to pull the trigger.

15 hours ago, Tank said:

i was smart enough to pick jon rahm this week.

i was stupid enough to leave him on the bench the first three rounds.

I had Rose on my bench...but inserted him after round 2. Now he needs to hold on.

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

I had Rose on my bench...but inserted him after round 2. Now he needs to hold on.

you ended up okay.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

you ended up okay.

3 of 4 in the top 10. Finau missed a 5 footer on 18 to make it 4 of 4.

Expected Tiger to play better there, or I'd have had an epic week.

Matsu playing much better so far this season...man he KILLED me last year. Kept expecting him to get it together but he never did. Looks ready to break through.

47 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

3 of 4 in the top 10. Finau missed a 5 footer on 18 to make it 4 of 4.

Expected Tiger to play better there, or I'd have had an epic week.

I also thought Tiger would play better. Every time I looked your guys were making some kind of great shot.Nice week.

4 hours ago, Crampknees said:

Is it too late to get in?  Know there has been some tourneys.  I'll go to the link and try.

Not at all! Be glad to have another person to beat each week.

What an absolute screw job Fowler got. First the ball won't check up, hydroplaning all the way to the lake in the rain. Then he is yards away with his back to his drop and the wind blows his ball back into the lake. 

The rules are an ass in this case. He did nothing to move the ball and yet still incurs a lost ball penalty for an act of God. Evidently Fowler isn't in good standing with the Lord.

DependentIcyGermanshepherd-max-1mb.gif

Went from a five shot lead to even with the pack.

if I had read the rules thoroughly before my first week I would be doing better. (thought I could use replacement only if a pick missed the cut)

still, not too bad for this being the only fantasy league I've ever played.

I think all 6 of my picks made the top 10 this week 

@Homebrewer, i can't seem to find the part of the rules saying how many times we can use each player. do you know off the top of your head what that limit is? as i was making my picks for this week, it looked like it's 3 times each???

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

@Homebrewer, i can't seem to find the part of the rules saying how many times we can use each player. do you know off the top of your head what that limit is? as i was making my picks for this week, it looked like it's 3 times each???

That's what it looks like to me also...3 times per segment if I read it correctly. We're in segment 2 now which includes 5 more events including this week

Segment 3 starts at The Players and goes through to the Canuk Open...13 weeks...so that is where the limits are really going to come into play. We started late so this segment is short for us, so don't think you will be able to continue playing top players all season long. Try looking for some sleepers now just to get into the practice.

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

did we ever resolve the issue of the disparity of tournaments played?

I tried. Look there's a long way to go in this thing and experience has shown, over the past few years, that everyone will miss a week or two along the line when things come up or we just forget. I'm moving again over the next few months ( San Juan Island in Wa State...excited!) I missed a week or two when I moved to Oregon, but I'm going to try to not miss any this time.

I think the top 3 teams should sit out a tournament to even it up.If someone misses after this then that's the way it is.I will not play this week.It doesn't seem fair to wait for someone to maybe not set their roster.