Chuckster70

The Angels top-5 longest home runs in 2018

12 posts in this topic

That Trout HR that outdistanced StatCast was likely the longest of the year. Not sure it was 520 feet, but it was longer than the HR derby ones from the all-star game at Angel Stadium, and those were measured at 470+ feet. 

I think chances are, that HR Trout hit was probably 480 feet, the longest HR of the year for the Angels, and not by a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Second Base said:

That Trout HR that outdistanced StatCast was likely the longest of the year. Not sure it was 520 feet, but it was longer than the HR derby ones from the all-star game at Angel Stadium, and those were measured at 470+ feet. 

I think chances are, that HR Trout hit was probably 480 feet, the longest HR of the year for the Angels, and not by a little.

Just for fun, I checked out the distance on Google Maps, measuring where I think the ball landed. I was disappointed to see it was "only" 450'-460'. I know this isn't the most accurate method, but should be pretty close. I also measured down the LF line to the pole, and it came out exactly 333', as it is on the field. Still a bomb though. 

image.png.9df927d56d4e3e9e507f8cbf72b485d4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

How many balls have ever been hit onto the concourse behind the left field seats?   Trout's appears to have missed by just a few rows.  

I don't think it has ever happened.  I don't rememeber it happening and I also think we would remember such a thing.  Especially you AO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Just for fun, I checked out the distance on Google Maps, measuring where I think the ball landed. I was disappointed to see it was "only" 450'-460'. I know this isn't the most accurate method, but should be pretty close. I also measured down the LF line to the pole, and it came out exactly 333', as it is on the field. Still a bomb though. 

image.png.9df927d56d4e3e9e507f8cbf72b485d4.png

don't they count where the trajectory would have taken the ball as if it were to land on the ground and not where a structure stopped it?   That would have to add an additional 20 feet or so.  It actually had the lowest launch angle of any hr in the top 50 so it may actually deserve a little more distance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 7:25 PM, Angel Dog and Beer said:

 

The Trout HR that broke Statcast. Estimated at the time at 524'. Probably went 460'. Exit velocity 116.8mph. Smashed. 

 

This was an adult homerun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 11:10 AM, Angel Oracle said:

How many balls have ever been hit onto the concourse behind the left field seats?   Trout's appears to have missed by just a few rows.  

No one has ever done that. Dallas MacPherson almost did it to CF. Way  up on the back drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options