Sign in to follow this  
mtangelsfan

Joe Biden

201 posts in this topic

Is it crazy that I might actually vote for this guy if he runs in 2020.  Is it crazy that I may see him as the last hope for civility and even compromise?

Man, I must be desperate.

I keep hoping the Dems will step to the middle, but they dont seem interested in it so far.
It doesnt really matter who they run if the same party leadership is in place though i guess.
I truly hate what politics have become, this assumption that any demographic somehow equates to party over actual issues (assuming there even are any of those anymore) is kinda silly in my view. 

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

As Kennedy said.  “Idealism without illusion” it sounds cool.  But it’s a trickery thing. 

So a centrist has no ideals?

That is silly and it is the kind of thinking that has us where we are now.  Two extremes with nothing in the middle.

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Probably not.  Not that it matters much.  The word Aleppo hasn't even come up since that interview.  Shows how important that was.

Chances are, Trump thinks Syria is a neighborhood in the Bronx.

19 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

So a centrist has no ideals?

That is silly and it is the kind of thinking that has us where we are now.  Two extremes with nothing in the middle.

That’s not what I mean.  I just mean it’s a tough line to straddle.  And usually it seems like you end up with everyone hating you.  Centerists require compromise.  People don’t like to compromise.  Apparently. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Gary Johnson is not named Trump.

Listening to the debates last year.  His running mate, William Weld, impressed me more than Johnson.  At least I think it was him.  

40 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Chances are, Trump thinks Syria is a neighborhood in the Bronx.

False.  There are no Russians in the Bronx.  

Wait, according to google, there is some.  Shit, those spies are everywhere. 

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Listening to the debates last year.  His running mate, William Weld, impressed me more than Johnson.  At least I think it was him.  

100% agree!