Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

Samsung Galaxy S10

19 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

i don't like that phones for $1200+ are appearing to be the new standard.

it's ridiculous.

anyone who pays that much for a phone is an idiot 

$1k for the S10+.  As I said, will wait.  Unless they give me an unbelievable trade in offer, which I doubt.  

And here is the kicker.  S10, S10+, whatever the other S10 cheapo is.  They have 5G, but it's a first generation 5G that is already eclipsed by the second generation 5G chip that has already come out.  

3 hours ago, Lou said:

it's ridiculous.

anyone who pays that much for a phone is an idiot 

that's especially true on today, the greatest day of the year.

30 minutes ago, Lou said:

the day Malcolm X was assassinated? 

um, ok . . . 

and billy graham died one year ago today, and peter took died earlier today.

don't mess with me . . . things can happen.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:50 PM, Taylor said:

I caved and pre-ordered a Galaxy S10 today.

I hope you don't have Tmobile.  It's been confirmed that Tmobile's 5G won't work with the S10.  

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-s10-5g-mate-x-why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-5g-phone-right-now/

That's because devices for T-Mobile's network will require Qualcomm's upcoming second-generration modem, the X55, and that isn't yet available for devices.

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I hope you don't have Tmobile.  It's been confirmed that Tmobile's 5G won't work with the S10.  

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-s10-5g-mate-x-why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-5g-phone-right-now/

Nope, Verizon. However, the 5G version of the S10 is a different phone. The standard S10 doesn't have 5G capability.

Wifey needed new phone since her very old phone (10 years - son's original 1st phone in middle school) went down for the count last week.

Went down to local Verizon (been with them over 15 years) store Sunday and got a buy one get one free deal on 2 S10e's. My LG4 was over 3 years old was acting up a bit, so I caved into a new phone which wasn't hard to do on the BOGOF deal.

So far doesn't have the "move the screens" either way feature (dead ends on right or left screen) that my LG4 had but certainly not a deal breaker for me.

So far in less than 2 days I'm really liking the new phone!

7 hours ago, SoCalSportsFan said:

Wifey needed new phone since her very old phone (10 years - son's original 1st phone in middle school) went down for the count last week.

Went down to local Verizon (been with them over 15 years) store Sunday and got a buy one get one free deal on 2 S10e's. My LG4 was over 3 years old was acting up a bit, so I caved into a new phone which wasn't hard to do on the BOGOF deal.

So far doesn't have the "move the screens" either way feature (dead ends on right or left screen) that my LG4 had but certainly not a deal breaker for me.

So far in less than 2 days I'm really liking the new phone!

Is that the swipe left or right on the screen to move it?  It's a setting on the dead end.  Not sure how to do it on the Samsung UI.  But if you have Nova loaded as your UI, it's under the home screen/scroll/infinite scroll.  

On 3/19/2019 at 5:12 PM, gotbeer said:

Is that the swipe left or right on the screen to move it?  It's a setting on the dead end.  Not sure how to do it on the Samsung UI.  But if you have Nova loaded as your UI, it's under the home screen/scroll/infinite scroll.  

I will check out the Nova UI in the morning! I do miss the infinite scroll feature. It's a "small" thing, but it's a feature that I do like to use.

So far 10 days into the new phone use and I really do like the s10e.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSportsFan said:

I will check out the Nova UI in the morning! I do miss the infinite scroll feature. It's a "small" thing, but it's a feature that I do like to use.

So far 10 days into the new phone use and I really do like the s10e.

I love the Nova UI.  I've had it on every phone since the Galaxy S5.  Which is kind of funny, since I haven't changed my screen setup in about that long also.  

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I love the Nova UI.  I've had it on every phone since the Galaxy S5.  Which is kind of funny, since I haven't changed my screen setup in about that long also.  

Do you mean Nova Launcher?