Sign in to follow this  
yk9001

A certain freshman congresswoman

104 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jessecrall said:

It's right because of some combination of driving on roads, using public schools, supporting military interventions, flying on airlines that you absolutely did not want self-regulated, calling the police, having firefighters contain an inferno moving toward your neighborhood etc etc etc. If you want to complain about HOW your tax dollars are being spent, by all means do. But I feel ZERO sympathy that you only got 57% of your precious bonus. Most rich people got lucky. They didn't earn jack. I say this as someone who's made good money and been flat broke. It had nothing to do with me, my skills, my intellect or lack thereof. Mygyn Kylly made more money than everyone on this board put together for being terrible at her job so she can blow it on a luxe penthouse and pass more money onto her spoiled kids who will start life 6 steps ahead of the average person because Mommy insisted that Santa was black once and became a media rock star. If my sentiments sound like class warfare, that's only because they are.

Sorry but fuck all this.  So I use roads more than the next guy?  Call the police more than the next guy?  I can almost guarantee you I use the cops a lot less than people making less money.  Use public schools more?  Have a house in a fire risk area more than the next guy?  It’s all bullshit.   Also stop being jealous.  “Your precious bonus”.  There’s money out there to be made, go do it. 

Let's key on the "too much money" comment.

How much is too much?  How about cars, houses and yachts.  Should we limit how big they can be?  

Bill Gates has done a hell of a lot of good with his money.  It is interesting to me that some people believe that they can spend his money wiser then he does.

23 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

It is interesting to me that some people believe that they can spend his money wiser then he does.

especially when 95% can't seem to handle their own 

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

This jessecrall dude has spunk. He's kind of like a more coherent yk.

yeah, I like him.  I was halfway through this thread, and he wrote pretty much what I was thinking, only he did it more coherently.

"Taxation is theft"

Apparently nobody on this  board uses any public services.  Or has kids who go to public schools.  Or non-private universities.  Or have kids with special needs.  Or drive on roads. Or highways.  Or have older parents who are sucking more out of social security and medicare than they ever dreamed of contributing.  This board is made up of the absolute most selfish sons of bitches I have ever seen.  All for them.

MAGA, bitches!

Don't know how many of you actually read the article I linked, but the freshman congresswoman, when talking about a 70% tax rate, is pulling one from the Trump playbook:  Say something that, on the surface, is completely outrageous, and as it is talked about more and more, it doesn't seem so outrageous.

Trump says Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing and nobody now bats an eye when we know Trump is a Russian asset.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

nobody here, as far as I know, is in the 0% tax bracket. 

I'm sure none of the board heroes have ever utilized the earned income credit as well.

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Don't know how many of you actually read the article I linked, but the freshman congresswoman, when talking about a 70% tax rate, is pulling one from the Trump playbook:  Say something that, on the surface, is completely outrageous, and as it is talked about more and more, it doesn't seem so outrageous.

Trump says Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing and nobody now bats an eye when we know Trump is a Russian asset.

parks and recreation GIF

22 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

yeah, I like him.  I was halfway through this thread, and he wrote pretty much what I was thinking, only he did it more coherently.

"Taxation is theft"

Apparently nobody on this  board uses any public services.  Or has kids who go to public schools.  Or non-private universities.  Or have kids with special needs.  Or drive on roads. Or highways.  Or have older parents who are sucking more out of social security and medicare than they ever dreamed of contributing.  This board is made up of the absolute most selfish sons of bitches I have ever seen.  All for them.

MAGA, bitches!

Aren't we essentially forced to use those things? Doesn't mean there isn't a better way to do all of that stuff.

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

Aren't we essentially forced to use those things? Doesn't mean there isn't a better way to do all of that stuff.

yes, we could each build our own roads.  

40 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

"Taxation is theft"

MAGA, bitches!

Usage fees, sales tax are completely different animals.  I pay plenty in taxes and I really wouldn't have so much of a problem with it if the government was even somewhat responsible with the money.  Why anyone would be happy with a return of pennies on the dollar I have zero clue.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

i don't use public schools, have never called the police or fire department and drive about 3,000 miles/yr. 

i should get huge tax breaks. 

You may never have had a need to call the police or fire department, but you still benefit from their services.