Sign in to follow this  
Lhalo

The Left's Outrage (also YK's post-a-thon)

81 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

How about all those times Sarah Sanders Huckabee got upset over being expected to tell the truth at press briefings?

You mean the manufactured pearl clutching in place of telling the truth? Truly shocking huh?

I can certainly see how blackface that emphasizes stereotypical black features like large lips has no place in our society today as this just mocks a race, but dressing up like an Native American Indian or a black entertainer/ musician or a woman for a Halloween or other party seems acceptable to me as long as there is no mocking involved.  The Joy Behar picture is a good example of the latter.  

9 minutes ago, LAAMike said:

I can certainly see how blackface that emphasizes stereotypical black features like large lips has no place in our society today as this just mocks a race, but dressing up like an Native American Indian or a black entertainer/ musician or a woman for a Halloween or other party seems acceptable to me as long as there is no mocking involved.  The Joy Behar picture is a good example of the latter.  

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7089591/why-is-blackface-offensive-halloween-costumehttps://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7089591/why-is-blackface-offensive-halloween-costume

39 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Didn't the blackface thing start when what's her name got fired from her show because she said it was ok?  It sure has snowballed since then. 

snowballed? why does everything have to be white?

damn honkies