Chuckster70

The Official 2019 Angels Spring Training News & Gameday Thread

889 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Felix Pena, 5 K's and 2 ER over 2 2/3. 

Curtiss looks like he's going to be a solid pickup for our BP.

Obviously, Brad is really gonna need a good pen. Shouldn't the Angels starters be moving toward or beyond 5 IP by this point?

1 hour ago, eligrba4ever said:

Obviously, Brad is really gonna need a good pen. Shouldn't the Angels starters be moving toward or beyond 5 IP by this point?

There were a number of pitchers that went four innings today. Syndergaard went 5.2. 

Just realized Fletcher has been playing in the outfield. I feel like he is our Kike Hernandez - not too exciting on any metric, but he acts like a spark plug and can slot in anywhere. Good defense, and just enough strength and speed to be fun to watch.

For a brief moment it looked like the Angels ST ERA might actually go DOWN for the first time in five games. But no.

Onward...........to 7.00! 

Angel pitching is averaging six walks per game and have given up 30 more walks this spring than the next team. 

Fortunately, these stats are completely meaningless..............I am told.

5 hours ago, krAbs said:

Anyone see Maitan looked today? I don't mean his swing or his fielding - I mean physically, how is he looking? Still like a fatty, or is he back in shape again?

He started trimming down last season, but it didn't improve his defensive performance at SS. As I understand,  this offseason he was more focused on strength training and mobility. Not quite the athletic movements you'll see from Adell, but more bulk and cleaner hips and midsection. That along with transitioning fully to 3B, simplifying his swing and growing some Manny-esque dreads leads to a bit of a different look. 

He's strong and produces some pretty impressive exit velocities up the middle and to LF. Looks good. 

13 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

For a brief moment it looked like the Angels ST ERA might actually go DOWN for the first time in five games. But no.

Onward...........to 7.00! 

Angel pitching is averaging six walks per game and have given up 30 more walks this spring than the next team. 

Fortunately, these stats are completely meaningless..............I am told.

Just once I'd like to see the Angels not pitch like complete bums in ST.

Meaningless though.