Sign in to follow this  
Glen

Sign all the arms...

5 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Gonzalez and Bucholz have to be cheap by now.    Keuchel is a hits allowed machine, and not even Doug White can fix declining velocity.

I think Gio is still gonna get a decent payday, $5-10m AAV. Too many teams still have need and money. Buchholz was good enough last year he might too. 

Guys like Ervin, Shields, Tillman, Gallardo, Colon are a more realistic tier. Edwin Jackson could fit here or could be like Buchholz. 

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think Gio is still gonna get a decent payday, $5-10m AAV. Too many teams still have need and money. Buchholz was good enough last year he might too. 

Guys like Ervin, Shields, Tillman, Gallardo, Colon are a more realistic tier. Edwin Jackson could fit here or could be like Buchholz. 

Get Santana.  F*ck it.  Let's pitch.

12 minutes ago, halomatt said:

Get Santana.  F*ck it.  Let's pitch.

Really, any of that second tier should be similar in cost and viability. Ervin has a little more upside. Tillman has youth on his side. Colon has durability, as does Shields. 

My only concern with Ervin is his age and his numerous little injuries in recent years. Doesn't bode well. I think I'd lean more towards someone safer health-wise with less upside, like Shields or Colon, but all of those names are pretty interchangeable at this point. 

Erv and Edwin could play up well in the pen too.