Sign in to follow this  
Vegas Halo Fan

Ads on tablet and phone

3 posts in this topic

I haven't paid for the lifetime subscription (yet), so I understand that ads are part of the deal, to keep the board running. I have no issue at all with the ads that appear at the top of the page or ones that appear between posts. That said, I am becoming increasingly aggravated with the ones that appear at the bottom of the page and block about a quarter of the screen on my tablet and phone. They don't move, so I can't scroll last them. If I close them, as soon as I change pages, they are back. I assume that others are having the same experience.

15 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I haven't paid for the lifetime subscription (yet), so I understand that ads are part of the deal, to keep the board running. I have no issue at all with the ads that appear at the top of the page or ones that appear between posts. That said, I am becoming increasingly aggravated with the ones that appear at the bottom of the page and block about a quarter of the screen on my tablet and phone. They don't move, so I can't scroll last them. If I close them, as soon as I change pages, they are back. I assume that others are having the same experience.

Hi @Vegas Halo Fan, those scroll up footer ads pay more than any of the others so I can't really take them away. If it gets in the way of you posting (it shouldn't) you can close it. You're right in that it will re-appear after you refresh a page or go to another one. 

The ad-exempt membership obviously alleviates all of this. 

For the record, I don't use an ad-exempt membership for my account so that I can see what most of our members see and experience and I've been fine with it. 

On a tablet you might want to go to your browser settings and use the Desktop version of this site which may be a better overall experience on your tablet than the mobile version which is automatically recognized by a mobile device and tablet.