m0nkey

2019 Major League Baseball Thread

1,013 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Sale ended up with 17 Ks. As a team, Boston struck out 24 Colorado batters. 

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, Boston lost. 

Through 10 innings the Rockies struck out 24 times and had 0 walks. They drew 2 walks in the 11th and won the game

our school went to the dodger game last night. had about 125 people there and had a nice time. no one was shived at the game or in the parking lot, which was probably the best news of the night.

the prices last night were a complete rip off. parking STARTS at $25 (but if you buy it online, as we did, it's ONLY $17). Frank mccourt go can screw himself.

hamburgers started at 13.50. they offered a vegan burger for 14.00. the helmet nachos were 19. i had a greek sandwich for 11. everything is was overpriced, embarassingly so. i don't know how doggie fans put up with it.

they had beer salesmen walking up and down the aisles. there used to be a state law prohibiting this, but perhaps that has changed? they were selling large cans of beer, maybe 20-24 oz. The cheapest one was $15. They had two others at 16 and 18. Didn't notice the brand or care about it. Felt sorry for the beer drinkers who wanted to toss back a couple. But then again, they're dodger fans so my sympathy isn't terribly strong for them.

reminded me once again that parking at anaheim is a downright bargain, as are the food prices.

manny machado crushed one past the aisle in the left field pavillion. one of the longest homers i've seen there. The sound off the bat was a sound I don't remember hearing before. He absolutely destroyed that pitch. Doggie fans were booing him aggressively, like he forgot to pay the cable bill last month or wanted to show Iron Eagle on the jumbotron during the 7th inning stretch.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

our school went to the dodger game last night. had about 125 people there and had a nice time. no one was shived at the game or in the parking lot, which was probably the best news of the night.

I'm so glad to hear no one was "shived" - Those Dodger fans love to shive people.  For the uniformed - shiving is the act of shoving someone with a knife.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

This will be a popular giveaway for all the Dodger fans who watch the games in their prison cells.

That would make a fantastic billboard. 

Arte is the billboard king, right?

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

the prices last night were a complete rip off. parking STARTS at $25 (but if you buy it online, as we did, it's ONLY $17). Frank mccourt go can screw himself.

reminded me once again that parking at anaheim is a downright bargain

So you have to make at least $2.5M to park at Dodger Stadium.

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

hamburgers started at 13.50. they offered a vegan burger for 14.00. the helmet nachos were 19. i had a greek sandwich for 11. everything is was overpriced, embarassingly so. i don't know how doggie fans put up with it.

they had beer salesmen walking up and down the aisles. there used to be a state law prohibiting this, but perhaps that has changed? they were selling large cans of beer, maybe 20-24 oz. The cheapest one was $15. They had two others at 16 and 18. Didn't notice the brand or care about it. Felt sorry for the beer drinkers who wanted to toss back a couple. But then again, they're dodger fans so my sympathy isn't terribly strong for them.

F'n Thanks, Arte

Edwin Jackson has been placed on the Blue Jays' 25 man roster.  Blue Jays have now become the 14th MLB team Jackson has appeared with in 16 seasons in the majors.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:02 AM, m0nkey said:

The Nationals are 1-7 in games Max Scherzer has started.  He has a 2.1 Fangraphs WAR

The Nationals are 2-7 in games Max Scherzer has started.

The Angels are 3-6 in games Trevor Cahill has started.

Edge?

9 hours ago, True Grich said:

Edwin Jackson has been placed on the Blue Jays' 25 man roster.  Blue Jays have now become the 14th MLB team Jackson has appeared with in 16 seasons in the majors.

Word on the street is he is better than Skaggs.