Sign in to follow this  
Vegas Halo Fan

Another phisher

13 posts in this topic

I got three copies of the same email, each with a different return address. The grammatical errors are particularly convincing.

65a08kx.jpg

I appreciate it that they want to secure my account more.

Years ago, I was on QuantumLink, the Commodore 64 international system run by the people at AOL. After QLink died, tried AOL for a while, and almost gave up on the internet entirely because the experience was so bad.

This morning, I get a scam call from a number that matches the customer service number for my cell phone carrier, saying that my account has been blocked and to stay on the line and talk to a customer service rep to resolve it.

Heh heh heh, do they really think we are that stupid?   Something like that, that is legitimate, always gets sent via snail mail. 

7 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Years ago, I was on QuantumLink, the Commodore 64 international system run by the people at AOL. After QLink died, tried AOL for a while, and almost gave up on the internet entirely because the experience was so bad.

I still have AOL. My brother still has prodigy, and I think he’ll be their very last customer on the planet.

Apparently someone figured out that most people are apprehensive about anything concerning the IRS.

I got one of those calls with someone on the line. They said that if I didn't make arrangements to pay right away, the police were coming to my house to arrest me. I said "OK, where do I live?" The caller couldn't answer the question. I said "Nice try", and hung up.