Sign in to follow this  
halobob

AW's golf scores

764 posts in this topic

Well I have recently decided that I need to play golf much more than the once a month or so I have been playing for the past couple of years.  In the spirit of seeing how I am improving I am going to post my scores here when I go.  Maybe you want to do the same?  Anywho, started off this morning with the back 9 at shorecliffs and shot a lovely 56 (damn you narrow fairways).

Next up, the full 18 at San Clemente muni Saturday!

95 last week at David L baker.

Yeah I'm good. Damn I love that course tho, play it all the time and so affordable.

Gonna play river view for the first time this weekend. Then fullerton next week

You must be korean

sorry, only played 9 holes.  Was three over par.  I hit every fairway today but am still getting used to my new irons.  I have no clue on the distance yet and today did not help.  It was really windy so I was just guessing the club. 

if anyone here likes 9 hole courses, I suggest terranea in rancho palos verdes.   it's right by trump national

beautiful little par 3 course right by the beach, went there about a month ago with one of my buddies and had an amazing time

Shorecliffs is a friggin' dogtrack.  Narrow and fast.

I hadn't played it for about 3 years, I remembered it being narrow but then up on the tee box it was much much more narrow than I had remembered.

Same here.  I play Skylinks the most of any SoCal courses, usually card a 100-103, so I'm stoked whenever I break 100. 

Same here.  I am happy to break 100.  Been putting better so maybe soon I will be closer to 95 than 105.

I drove by River View today. Oh man, what an awful, awful place to golf. I couldn't imagine walking that course. I'd recommend Willowick over River View any day. 

My spread over my last 5 rounds is pretty brutal:

89, 91, 100, 117, 95

I picked up the shanks when I shot a 100 playing with Bruce. They got worse my next outing. Way worse. Righted it a bit my last round. Damndest thing... I'm hitting my driver, 3-wood , hybrid and 4 iron very well right now, but I'm having a bitch of a time squaring the club face with any other iron. I literally have to play for a hook to keep from slicing it. I'm in the middle of a hiatus. Need to recharge the batteries a bit. 

I've not played shorecliffs. I probably play milesquare and willowick the most. I always get such good deals.

costa del sol or Strawberry Farms before work. 

I like Strawberry Farms, I played there last time I was in town.

Costa Del Sol was one of the worst golf experiences I've ever had.  Longest round of golf save for Meadowlark.  For an executive course to boot.