Sign in to follow this  
Tank

2019 Stanley Cup playoffs

141 posts in this topic

Worse case scenario.  Sharks vs Bruins for the SC final.  Where I would have to hope for giant meteor to hit the arena, because no way in hell can I root for either team, let alone watch that crap.

Best case scenario.  Blues vs Canes for the SC final.  Where i'd have no rooting interest.  But at least I'd watch it.

17 hours ago, Tank said:

if you're still in st. louis, see if you can find frank and helen's pizza. good place to eat.

So that would be Frank and Helen's for lunch, Pappy's BBQ for dinner and Ted Drewes for custard after, right?

I go out of my way when crossing the country just for one day of eating in St Louis.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:45 AM, gotbeer said:

Worse case scenario.  Sharks vs Bruins for the SC final.  Where I would have to hope for giant meteor to hit the arena, because no way in hell can I root for either team, let alone watch that crap.

Best case scenario.  Blues vs Canes for the SC final.  Where i'd have no rooting interest.  But at least I'd watch it.

As long as San Jose loses, I'm fine with anything else.

I have old friends in St. Louis who would love to see the Blues win and most of the instructors I work with now live in Carolina. I wouldn’t mind that final. 

Since most of this board are Kings and Ducks fans this might get me banned but after watching nearly every minute of the last series I have to give props to Burns and Vlasic. Those two play a ton of minutes and are responsible for making Martin Jones a passable NHL goalie as on top of creating the offense for a pretty mediocre forward group 

12 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Since most of this board are Kings and Ducks fans this might get me banned but after watching nearly every minute of the last series I have to give props to Burns and Vlasic. Those two play a ton of minutes and are responsible for making Martin Jones a passable NHL goalie as on top of creating the offense for a pretty mediocre forward group 

We shouldn't even be watching them. 

image.png.3fe623868e81eabfe6c18d8c3f1f741b.png

The real BS is that a player fails to drag his toe at the Blue line, ten seconds later a goal is scored that is in no way influenced by the offside and the goal is called off on appeal. Yet something as important as the hand pass is not reviewable.

The NHL owners have made a mess of things.

so they can review whether or not the puck goes in, but they can't review how it gets to that point. ridiculous. i have no doubt that this'll be addressed this summer, but far too late for the blues. what a crappy way to lose a game.

and to make it all worse, the guy that did the hand pass was credited with an assist on the goal. LOL, what a crapfest for the NHL.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:23 PM, arch stanton said:

3 series in a row they've gotten a bullshit call to swing a game

The first one swung a series. I also didn't get how their OT goal in game 3 against the Blues was allowed to stand. Perhaps the most obvious hand pass I have ever seen, right onto the stick of a teammate for the game winner.

If the Sharks win the cup, the officials from the opening series should present it to them.