Sign in to follow this  
Make Angels Great Again

F*ck Joey Gallo

38 posts in this topic

Sucks it's happening against my team, but he's sure helping my fantasy squad this year.  Our scoring format shifted away from batting average and toward OPS.  So he's quite the valuable asset. 

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

That is a shitty scoring system. Gallo is an average player, at best.

Rangers fans would beg to differ, as would most.  Hasn't even entered his prime yet, expected to contend for the HR title, has recored an OPS north of .800 every year as a starter.

25 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I mean throwing 91 down the heart of the plate probably wasn’t in the game plan. Not sure how you allow that kind of mistake to him 

That is why he tears up the Angels staff, they all throw 91 with little movement. I am referring to the starters. This is a failure by Eppler and the scouting staff. The Angels need some big arms who they can mold into legit starters. The draft will be critical. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Rangers fans would beg to differ, as would most.  Hasn't even entered his prime yet, expected to contend for the HR title, has recored an OPS north of .800 every year as a starter.

Cowboys fans are stupid. 

Well it's not the Gallo. It could be anyone when they are facing fucked up pitching. I don't know why they love Cam so much, butt duty I guess. He sucks so bad and I just don't understand why they keep him. It is time to release him once and for all.

Guys like Gallo have historically been novelties on bad teams who can afford to have an all, or nothing, hitter in their lineup. Which is exactly what he is, and the Rangers are. Guys like Rob Deer, Cory Snyder, Pete Incaviglia, Dave Kingman, Chris Carter, etc...

6 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Guys like Gallo have historically been novelties on bad teams who can afford to have an all, or nothing, hitter in their lineup. Which is exactly what he is, and the Rangers are. Guys like Rob Deer, Cory Snyder, Pete Incaviglia, Dave Kingman, Chris Carter, etc...

Except the league is full of those guys right now.  Hell the Angels team batting average is .217 the same as Joey Gallo.  Crazy enough there are 6 teams worst than the Angels.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Except the league is full of those guys right now.  Hell the Angels team batting average is .217 the same as Joey Gallo.  Crazy enough there are 6 teams worst than the Angels.

It's really kind of bizarre how quick batting average has plummeted across baseball. Makes sense with the shifts and advanced data on pitching and hitters focusing more on launch angle, but, it kinda sucks. 

.244 is league average? Gross. Almost 9 strikeouts a game (8.85)
Ten years ago it was .262 and 6.91.
Twenty, it was .271 and 6.41.

That's a huge decrease in 'action', so even as game times have decreased, it's no wonder that effect hasn't really been felt.

Edited by totdprods