True Grich

Highway Bribery

65 posts in this topic

it was agreed in principal that Claude gets 10 free Pujols rants in exchange. 😂 j/k

Nah, @Calzone 2 had some time away from the website for a bit and seems to have moved on from the Arte/Pujols hate.

I mean, how can anyone say another word about Arte or bring up his yacht fuel again after the $$$ he gave Trout to keep him an Angel? 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

it was agreed in principal that Claude gets 10 free Pujols rants in exchange. 😂 j/k

Nah, @Calzone 2 had some time away from the website for a bit and seems to have moved on from the Arte/Pujols hate.

I mean, how can anyone say another word about Arte or bring up his yacht fuel again after the $$$ he gave Trout to keep him an Angel? 

As I said before. I’m taking a more laid back approach with the team. I’m just enjoying the game of baseball. I’ve apologized for my rants and I have great respect for everyone here. Peace to all and Go Angels! 

30 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Amazing what a bobble head and a t-shirt can do to the thought process.

FTR, Claude has been back posting for the past couple months without any issues. He text just recently asking if I'd like the Angels promotional calendar, Trout Bobblehead and other items since I'm an out of town Halos fan and he has a surplus of these items. Very generous.

He also just recently paid for the lifetime ad-free membership. Thanks, @Calzone 2.

Chuck... you really don't owe me any explanations.  It's your site and you obviously can do whatever you want.  I love AW and you deserve a lot of credit for creating this awesome space.  I just couldn't resist poking fun at the situation.  You should know by now that I don't take things too seriously on AW.

That being said, I'll just add this...

I understand that people have different opinions about baseball, but what he did in here to derail countless threads to push his own narrative and agenda was disgusting. It was tiresome.  It was childish. It was obnoxious. It was out and out stupid.  Thankfully, we have the ability and freedom to block people on here and I've taken full advantage of it without any regrets at all.  The fact that he's back doesn't impact me at all.  I just raised my eye brows when I saw that tweet. 

So... I hear WeatherWonk is sending you a plane ticket to join him in Guatemala. 

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Chuck... you really don't owe me any explanations.  It's your site and you obviously can do whatever you want.  I love AW and you deserve a lot of credit for creating this awesome space.  I just couldn't resist poking fun at the situation.  You should know by now that I don't things too seriously on AW.

That being said, I'll just add this...

I understand that people have different opinions about baseball, but what he did in here to derail countless threads to push his own narrative and agenda was disgusting. It was tiresome.  It was childish. It was obnoxious. It was out and out stupid.  Thankfully, we have the ability and freedom to block people on here and I've taken full advantage of it without any regrets at all.  The fact that he's back doesn't impact me at all.  I just raised my eye brows when I saw that tweet. 

So... I hear WeatherWonk is sending you a plane ticket to join him in Guatemala. 

Fair enough, @True Grich.

Who is WeatherWonk btw?

If I hadn't ever met Claude in person several times and knew that he was a great guy (outside of the forum) we wouldn't be having this conversation. I always give quite a bit more grace toward those who I've met in person than just the average internet guy trying to stir up trouble. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Who is WeatherWonk btw?

@WeatherWonk is @Inside Pitch's whipping boy.

The fact that you don't know who he is, is very concerning.  Man oh man, come down out of your ivory tower and mix with us common folks.  You're losing the crowd, man.  Put down the booze and cigars and come connect with the minions of AW.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I assumed he was joking.  

Yep. There are some threads and posts I just glance at and skip over.

But hey, we're an equal opportunity Angels Community.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am familiar with the phrase "highway robbery" but pretty sure we just witnessed the birth of the phrase "highway bribery". . .

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Well, being absolutely wrong about every prediction for two years has a way of humbling a guy too....

40 minutes ago, True Grich said:

@WeatherWonk is @Inside Pitch's whipping boy.

The fact that you don't know who he is, is very concerning.  Man oh man, come down out of your ivory tower and mix with us common folks.  You're losing the crowd, man.  Put down the booze and cigars and come connect with the minions of AW.

IP is mean