Sign in to follow this  
Chuckster70

Any word on the type of injury Cozart sustained?

48 posts in this topic

Concussion? Shoulder injury? Other?

When I looked at the replay I didn't see exactly what he did to cause injury, unless the second baseman's leg bent his neck when he dove back? 

Thoughts?

I wonder if he's going to go on the IL?

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Dehydration? Shoulder injury? Other?

When I looked at the replay I didn't see exactly what he did to himself to cause injury...

Thoughts?

I hope he's going to go on the IL!

Shame on you.

4 minutes ago, failos said:

The more playing time he gets the better chance this team has to trade him for whatever. I don’t want him to get injured, because you can't trade players on the IL.

fixed.

Calhoun and Cozart have got to go. Today is not soon enough. Hard to watch a team starting players like that.

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

are you serious? you didn't see the bid lump on his forehead (and it's corresponding marks)? 

I'm guess he'll be put in concussion protocol - perhaps going on the 7-day DL 

I just saw the initial play and then a replay, not anything further which is why I'm asking. I had a 5am call on east coast that I need to hit the sack for so I missed anything in depth or up close after the play. 

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

are you serious? you didn't see the bid lump on his forehead (and it's corresponding marks)? 

I'm guess he'll be put in concussion protocol - perhaps going on the 7-day DL 

I believe it was more of a neck related injury than concussion but both could be in play. I doubt he plays the rest of the series.

You know, I thought Cozart was hitting the ball pretty hard of late... and was just unlucky to a degree.  It really is to the team's benefit if he starts to hit... this setback is just more bad luck.

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I just saw the initial play and then a replay, not anything further which is why I'm asking. I had a 5am call on east coast that I need to hit the sack for so I missed anything in depth or up close after the play. 

Priorities! 

4 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

fixed.

Calhoun and Cozart have got to go. Today is not soon enough. Hard to watch a team starting players like that.

3 hours ago, jgimondo said:

They are not worse than Borjous and Bour.

well, that's the thing. dumping cozart and calhoun means asking who is going to play in place of them? the solutions do not look any better than the problems right now.

once ohtani and upton are back, that's the time to start making moves.

32 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I was at the game, so I pretty much missed it. Looked like he just slid back in to second...no one in the stands had any clue what happened.

What?  When did you get back? Did you apprehend @WeatherWonk?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Their days are numbered regardless. Both could be on the bench by midsummer if they’ve done nothing to boost their trade value. Cozart as UT IF behind La Stella and Fletcher (or Rojas, Ward or Rengifo) and Calhoun behind Goodwin or Adell. 

Until then, they aren’t singularly to blame for the team being ‘out of contention’ so might as well play them as able and hope Eppler can turn them into the next Sandoval or Buttrey or Pena/Robles/cash acquisition by way of the salary freed up.

Edited by totdprods