Sign in to follow this  
Chuckster70

AngelsWin.com Hall of Fame Thread

36 posts in this topic

Well hey, it's an off-day so why not.

Remember when we had a Hall of Fame thread where we would move certain discussions that were just priceless, well we kind of already have that in place here via our leaderboard area without having to move threads into another forum. Check it out --->> http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/leaderboard/?time=oldest

You can sort by many different criteria's, date ranges, years, types of content and what forum it's from. 

Per my advanced metrics, @Jeff Fletcher has the best CC2P (Content Count to Points) on AngelsWin.com. POINTS 4,868 - CONTENT COUNT 2,812. That's pretty darn good when you have more points (likes, positive reactions) than content (posts, replies). Dochalo & @Inside Pitch are 2nd & 3rd in this category. 

The most liked post was my Jered Weaver F-Bomb Spectacular post of that .Gif, the second most liked post was Matt Shoemaker's dad responding to @tdawg87 thread and the bronze goes to @Blarg for his hilarious post in the 2016 amateur draft thread on Matt Thaiss. 

@Lou, Blarg,  @Stradling@tdawg87 & @Dochalo round out our top 5 list for the most liked content on AngelsWin, with @Tank and I 6th & 7th. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 9.20.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 9.26.55 AM.png

The Weave F bomb gif is definitely my favorite, especially as he was coming off the field after stranding the bases full of Skanks after none were out.

Second favorite is tough, although the Batman slapping Robin gif is priceless.   So is the Weave stare during the post-game interview, after the water bottle hits him.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

they all look like line drives in the box score.

I can tell you right now that not all of my posts look like line drives in the box score.  My goal 90% of the time is to make sure my opinions don’t get “I agreed”. 

Pretty pissed that you haven't developed a RAR (Reputation Above Replacement poster) stat, but whatever - that's cool. Also, we for sure need to be able to search for CC2P among qualified posters, and we need to develop a wR (weighted reputation based on the value of the different reactions - obviously, a "like" isn't equivalent to a "Whoa" - we we need to come up with a conversion there, and some way to weight the relative values that posters have accumulated).

18 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

The Weave F bomb gif is definitely my favorite, especially as he was coming off the field after stranding the bases full of Skanks after none were out.

Second favorite is tough, although the Batman slapping Robin gif is priceless.   So is the Weave stare during the post-game interview, after the water bottle hits him.

Same

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

I was just thinking the other day how awesome it would be to start tagging people into random threads, that are members but have never posted.  Right @Jeff Boice, @Jeff Fortune, @Jeff McCamey?   

Apparently, "Jeff"  is the most random name possible. What about @dane15? @Parson714@yahoo.com?

8 hours ago, Tank said:

does @Assisevon have any posts to his/her credit? not a name i recall seeing.

There are about 500 active members, 50-75 part time posters, another 100 who either deceased (RIP) or left for whatever reason that used to post, but the majority of our members just lurk. 

Also, the amount of "guests" (non registered members) who just read the discussions here more than triple our registered members (3000).

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:
21 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Yeah, the Weaver post game interview stare down is great. I have used it outside of the Angels Win universe and that is an awesomeness indicator. 

19 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Strad is being nominated for the Nutswingers wing of the Hall of Fame, right?

Ok, super edgy guy.  If you want to properly label me then it would be something like, Stradling Hates Extremes, which has caused him to become extreme.  Don’t worry edgy guy, I have self awareness.  

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok, super edgy guy.  If you want to properly label me then it would be something like, Stradling Hates Extremes, which has caused him to become extreme.  Don’t worry edgy guy, I have self awareness.  

relax.  Just trying to bust some balls.

Did the @ngelswin HoF Committee ignore the fact that @Stradling is known to be a heavy user of Angels fan PED’s. 😀

Actually a great group of people that have contributed a lot of over the years. It’s a very good thread that reminds us all how @ngelswin continues to evolve. 

Edited by Calzone 2

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

There are about 500 active members, 50-75 part time posters, another 100 who either deceased (RIP) or left for whatever reason that used to post, but the majority of our members just lurk. 

Also, the amount of "guests" (non registered members) who just read the discussions here more than triple our registered members (3000).

When I'm at work I can't log in but I can still view the forum, so I'm one of the weeknight lurkers.