Sign in to follow this  
UndertheHalo

Haha Arte told the Dodgers to fu** off.

48 posts in this topic

wow, that article isn't slanted at all ...

So, basically, the Angels would give the Dodgers permission to install a minor league team into the shared territory if the Dodgers would do the same for the Angels if they ever wanted to do the same, that is, move a minor league team into the shared territory.

Dodgers said "pass! - equitable treatment is for suckers" - and somehow Shaikan positions it so Arte is the bad guy?  

Typical of that Dodger air of entitlement ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

wow, that article isn't slanted at all ...

So, basically, the Angels would give the Dodgers permission to install a minor league team into the shared territory if the Dodgers would do the same for the Angels if they ever wanted to do the same, that is, move a minor league team into the shared territory.

Dodgers said "pass! - equitable treatment is for suckers" - and somehow Shaikan positions it so Arte is the bad guy?  

Typical of that Dodger air of entitlement ... 

Ok so I wasn't the only one that got that out of the article.

And the fact the High Desert Mavericks are gone.  I didn't realize that.  It was a cool park to watch a baseball game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's stupid either way. This only benefits the area for both sides. CA is such a financial clusterfuck as is why not do something good for the area and pump some revenue into it along with bringing a mall back to life? Angels fans in Ventura County/LA County can easily access the 66ers for away games in this case as well. Who wants to go to the IE? Especially with Lou there ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this thread I’m arguing with this guy that has the reading comprehension of like a 6 year old. Some of these people completely can’t wrap their minds around the idea that the Angels have the same rights to the territory that the Dodgers have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Literally the Angels asked for the same relocation right that the Dodgers wanted and the Dodgers said no.  Fu** them.  Why should Arte give up leverage. 

Except maybe, the Dodgers were saying they wanted to move a team to a specific location in the West Valley, and the Angels were saying they might move a team to any arbitrary location in the shared territory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Except maybe, the Dodgers were saying they wanted to move a team to a specific location in the West Valley, and the Angels were saying they might move a team to any arbitrary location in the shared territory.

 

IMO that makes it worse. Angels might not even want to exercise their right to move into the territory and the Dodgers still wouldn't give it to them.

Dodgers: We want to build a pool in our backyard. We drew up plans and hired the contractor and everything. Only one thing... the HOA says we need your permission.

Angels: Will you give us permission to build a pool in our backyard one day if we want to? I'm not saying we will do it. We would just like to be able to count on your support.

Dodgers: NOOOOOO! 

Dodgers: You guys are being real jerks about this.

 

 

I think the Angels had to get that guarantee before allowing the Dodgers to move. We all saw what happened to the A's when they granted the rights to the South Bay to the Giants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see why Moreno said no, but I also don't fault him for it.  I would've been pretty indifferent too if I were Arte Moreno.  But my indifference would lead to them building that ball park.  His indifference went the opposite direction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I don't see why Moreno said no, but I also don't fault him for it.  I would've been pretty indifferent too if I were Arte Moreno.  But my indifference would lead to them building that ball park.  His indifference went the opposite direction. 

If it's not a big deal then the Dodgers should have had no trouble agreeing to let the Angels potentially do the same thing. If it is a big deal then Arte shouldn't have given away the right without getting it back in exchange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I think the Angels had to get that guarantee before allowing the Dodgers to move. We all saw what happened to the A's when they granted the rights to the South Bay to the Giants.

Yup, perfect example. The A's would probably have their stadium already if they hadn't been so kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yup, perfect example. The A's would probably have their stadium already if they hadn't been so kind.

The fact that the Dodgers wouldn't give Arte the right to move into the home territory in exchange for theirs makes me suspicious that they were trying to pull one over similarly to what the Giants did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

IMO that makes it worse. Angels might not even want to exercise their right to move into the territory and the Dodgers still wouldn't give it to them.

 Dodgers: We want to build a pool in our backyard. We drew up plans and hired the contractor and everything. Only one thing... the HOA says we need your permission.

 Angels: Will you give us permission to build a pool in our backyard one day if we want to? I'm not saying we will do it. We would just like to be able to count on your support.

 Dodgers: NOOOOOO! 

 Dodgers: You guys are being real jerks about this.

 

 

I think the Angels had to get that guarantee before allowing the Dodgers to move. We all saw what happened to the A's when they granted the rights to the South Bay to the Giants.

 

 

I think it's more like the Angels saying "Ok, but you have to let us put a personal pool anywhere we want in the neighborhood."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options