Sign in to follow this  
HaloNArizona

Harvey

75 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

You beat me to making a post!

Time to call up Suarez. If we're going to tank then let's go for a high draft pick. 2020 better be nothing but us trading and signing pitchers.... 

If we're going to tank (which we're not), then DON'T call up Suarez as he's better than Harvey.

He's had 10 starts - about a third of a season - and had only managed a total 48 inning while allowing 11 HRs.

They really can't afford to put him out there much longer if they have any thoughts of a 2nd wild card.

Hated the signing since I thought he was toast after all the injuries but didn't care one way or the other since it was only a 1yr deal. This is exactly why. Since he's simply on a 1yr deal, you can easily just wash your hands of him if things aren't going well. Needless to say, things aren't going well. It's time to move on.

15 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I don't care how good the Twins are, Harvey is finished. 

Suarez, or even Barria and Tropeano are better options.

It feels like Tropeano has been gone for years now. What the heck is happening with him?

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

seriously think he was tipping his pitches and they picked it up after the first inning.  Twins hitters didn't even flinch on the breaking ball.  

What about every other start?

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

If we're going to tank (which we're not), then DON'T call up Suarez as he's better than Harvey.

True, but it would also be good for him to get warmed up in the MLB before being thick in a playoff race. Call him up after the break then

9 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

He's had 10 starts - about a third of a season - and had only managed a total 48 inning while allowing 11 HRs.

They really can't afford to put him out there much longer if they have any thoughts of a 2nd wild card.

I'm going to be honest, there's no way in hell we make the WC this year. Yankees and Rays are good and Boston obviously will get better. That alone are two WC teams. I'm sure we will finish 3rd in the AL West too. Don't forget about the Twins or Indians competing at some point for it too.

14 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

seriously think he was tipping his pitches and they picked it up after the first inning.  Twins hitters didn't even flinch on the breaking ball.  

I know the sound is different with less fans, but WOW i've never heard to balls be squared up like that. They knew what was coming. 

16 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

seriously think he was tipping his pitches and they picked it up after the first inning.

come on, don't sugar-coat it.

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

teams are either picking up on it or they're not.  or he's not doing it every start.  

Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention, but outside of his last start he has pretty consistently pitched like shit all year.