Sign in to follow this  
Chuckster70

Merry Fackmus

72 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Nope just you. 😀

F1FCD810-930E-499C-9AF9-FAF706AE109F.jpeg

Cahill, Harvey, Cozart, Allen, Bour and Ausmus passed Eppler's eye test. 

Maybe someone needs to have their eyes examined? I swear if he drafts another Jordyn Adams type over a good starting pitcher in this draft. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Cahill, Harvey, Cozart, Allen, Bour and Ausmus passed Eppler's eye test too. 

Maybe someone needs to have their eyes examined? I swear if he drafts another Jordyn Adams type over a good starting pitcher in this draft. 

I liked the Adams draft pick.  That said, it’s time to mix in a closer to the bigs type pick.

Can’t draft only high floors like Dumbpoto did, but also can’t draft only high ceilings early on every year.

24 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Cahill, Harvey, Cozart, Allen, Bour and Ausmus passed Eppler's eye test. 

Well at least Eppler was consistent on the eye test.

D3F84D50-84D3-4481-BDD3-581A0E12B0D9.jpeg

13 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's NOT all Assmus. I know that, but he inspires no optimism or success going forward.

Hey, we're playing just well enough to lose. It's all good. Just a game.

/sarc

6 hours ago, True Grich said:

Generally, it's in the way he carries himself. He doesn't look or act like a leader. I know that seems very vague, but certain people seem to command the room when they're in it. Ausmus always looks like he just woke up and rolled out of bed and came to work as is. He also gives off the impression that he can't be bothered. I know that's not answering your question and I know I'm not being very specific. It's just my opinion. It's not my job to figure out how he does it.

I always respected Mike Scioscia. I especially respected the way he carried the team through the Adenhart tragedy. He was consistent. People made fun of his cliches, etc., but he was always the same guy, regardless of how the team was doing in a good way.

I really don't know what it takes for a manager to be great or who would make a good one for the Angels. 

I do know the guys I like...  put Ausmus next to Bud Black and one carries himself like a leader and one doesn't, IMO.  I also think of Pat Riley. When he became THE coach - he transformed himself. He dressed different.  He wore his hair different.  He began to take on the persona of a coach.  He spoke with confidence and conviction. 

How does Ausmus command respect?  I don't know. 

All this being said - I'm not calling for him to be fired.  I just don't like him. 

So you don't know . 

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I liked the Adams draft pick.  That said, it’s time to mix in a closer to the bigs type pick.

Can’t draft only high floors like Dumbpoto did, but also can’t draft only high ceilings early on every year.

So now Robles (and Buttrey) aren't good enough?

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I really really hope they don't do anything close to that.  

4 hours ago, Lou said:

So you don't know . 

Right. 

I can also say Harvey needs to pitch better, but I can't tell you how he does that.