Sign in to follow this  
mymerlincat

What do you most often eat when you go Angel games?

57 posts in this topic

i go to two places - i may grab a hot dog (the only meat product i'll eat) at one of the stands or i head to melissa's behind home plate. because of my vegetarian bariatric dietary needs, at melissa's i'll get the healthy nachos without the chips. they also have a vegeburger once in a while.

I usually hit the Del Taco on St College before i head in the Stadium, I also bring a bunch of churros with me, but in the stadium the helmet nachos are almost the only thing actually worth the money.

I don’t go to games enough anymore to have a regular thing to do.  A few times a year we will sit in the Knot Hole Club, which has a sponsorship now, might be called Saint Archers Brew Club, they have some pretty good food.  I actually had a really good lobster roll there a couple years back.  For regular food I get a pizza or an Italian sausage (insert pic of Scioscia here).  

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t go to games enough anymore to have a regular thing to do.  A few times a year we will sit in the Knot Hole Club, which has a sponsorship now, might be called Saint Archers Brew Club, they have some pretty good food.  I actually had a really good lobster roll there a couple years back.  For regular food I get a pizza or an Italian sausage (insert pic of Scioscia here).  

I went to Saint Archer’s last year, great food.  Loved the wings.

We'll be at the game tomorrow and will go with the traditional Angels Dogs, peanuts and beverages. Helmet sundaes in the 6th or 7th. 

1 hour ago, Dick Enberg said:

It's a decent burger, but like everything, over priced.

34 minutes ago, ScottT said:

The new burger place is pretty good for a stadium burger and fries.  

Last couple times I was there,  that’s what I had. Not extraordinary, but solid enough. Most stadium food ranges from meh to crap. Of course, the price tag is like $20.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

i go to two places - i may grab a hot dog (the only meat product i'll eat) at one of the stands or i head to melissa's behind home plate. because of my vegetarian bariatric dietary needs, at melissa's i'll get the healthy nachos without the chips. they also have a vegeburger once in a while.

My wife likes the veggie nachos at Melissa's.

I bring my own food(Ralphs sandwhich, Jersey Mikes, Apollo Burger, Catina's, Wingstop) and flavored water. Rookies/ promotional/ opening day fans buy food at the ballgame.

2 minutes ago, ispy45 said:

I bring my own food and flavored water. Rookies/ promotional/ opening day fans eat at the ballgame.

Don't agree with your comment at all but you're probably just trolling.

If you're really bringing in your own food and water you may not be a rookie or an opening day fan but you are definitely a cheapskate.

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Don't agree with your comment at all but you're probably just trolling.

If you're really bringing in your own food and water you may not be a rookie or an opening day fan but you are definitely a cheapskate.

Thank you

This thread depresses me that no one else has found something there they'd recommend. 

The prime rib grilled cheese behind third base is probably the best thing I've had there. Keep meaning to try that restaurant on the first base side where they serve different player themed food every month.

16 minutes ago, TroutBaseball said:

Keep meaning to try that restaurant on the first base side where they serve different player themed food every month.

The Change Up. Just ate there tonight. Had a nice Italian beef sandwich, not as good as Portillo’s but better than the one I had in Wrigleyville a couple of years ago. Best ballpark food I’ve had at Angel Stadium since before the remodel back in the ‘80s when they had the carved roast beef sandwiches next to the Aisle 124 entrance.

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

If i dont get hooked up seats, I sit there every game, and eat the coors light.

8 hours ago, TroutBaseball said:

This thread depresses me that no one else has found something there they'd recommend.

Eat two hot dogs and call me in the morning.  You'll be fine.

20 hours ago, TroutBaseball said:

The prime rib grilled cheese behind third base is probably the best thing I've had there. Keep meaning to try that restaurant on the first base side where they serve different player themed food every month.

Another thing I really liked, only had it once though.

20 hours ago, makepeac said:

The Change Up. Just ate there tonight. Had a nice Italian beef sandwich, not as good as Portillo’s but better than the one I had in Wrigleyville a couple of years ago. Best ballpark food I’ve had at Angel Stadium since before the remodel back in the ‘80s when they had the carved roast beef sandwiches next to the Aisle 124 entrance.

When I went about 3 times last year I thought the Change Up was very underwhelming, maybe they have better stuff this year.