Sign in to follow this  
Second Base

A GREAT article about Mike Trout's decision to stay

21 posts in this topic

What a great article. Thanks for sharing, @Second Base.

This quote from Skaggs hits the nail on the head:

"You shouldn't have to promote yourself," Angels starter Tyler Skaggs says. "You should go out and play the game the right way and let your game speak for itself. That's how you promote yourself. You shouldn't have to promote yourself on social media like, 'Oh, look how good I am.'"

You know, I remember before Trout arrived we all used to talk about how we've never had a player that was drafted by us come up through our system and just kill it. Be the best player in baseball, etc. Never.

Reading about Trout's humility, how he wants to make as many kids smile as he can because he remembers how it was meeting his heroes as a kid. Knowing he's with the Angels for the rest of his career, he's a sure fire hall of famer, he's an amazing f*cking person.

Yeah, he alone more than makes up for the lack of previous homegrown stars. And then some.

12 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I'm waiting for the article to come out saying that Trout wants to be traded to St. Louis to play in front of real baseball fans.

I think Barstool Sports is working on this piece.

LOL! don't get me started and talking about a 3-way between, you know, those 3!

3 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

You know, I remember before Trout arrived we all used to talk about how we've never had a player that was drafted by us come up through our system and just kill it. Be the best player in baseball, etc. Never.

Yeah, he alone more than makes up for the lack of previous homegrown stars. And then some.

It's like what I say to my girlfriend; If I'm only going to have one beer, I might as well make it a big one.

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

The opening paragraph sounds like a tdawg erotica story.

I had to actually click the article to see if it was real.

Well done.

I will be in my bunk.

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

The opening paragraph sounds like a tdawg erotica story.

Flushing many toilets simultaneously, while someone was in the dorm showers at LB St., was a popular thing back in the 1970s.