Sign in to follow this  
mymerlincat

Noe Ramírez (3 games, appealing) and Brad Ausmus (1 game, will serve 7/17) suspended

68 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Surprised by that. Is there a precedent for 3 games for the pitcher and also suspending the manager?

Hector Neris got suspended for throwing up and in just last night

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

Their guy has a bruise on his shoulder blade. Our guys is out for a month with surgery for a broken nose.

Narrative: But what Marisnick did was unintentional, and what Noe did was intentional.

1 minute ago, floplag said:

How the hell do they justify 3 games for Noe and only 2 for Jake?
What a load of shit.
F*ck Hou, please beat them with Cole tonight... please.

One is a pitcher who doesn't (can't plat every night), and the other is a position player?  Jake hasn't served his time yet, he is under appeal.  Might be good to rule on that today, and start it tonight.

MLB probably sees issues like these where the suspension is already punishment. He was already punished for his reckless (intentional if you think) actions. 

What Noe did is still frowned upon by the league 

2 minutes ago, tomsred said:

One is a pitcher who doesn't (can't plat every night), and the other is a position player?  Jake hasn't served his time yet, he is under appeal.  Might be good to rule on that today, and start it tonight.

They should take into account how good / bad the player is too. Marisnick doesn't even play everyday so this is not even a penalty.

Marisnick also is appealing his suspension. I say hit him again. And Again and Again. Every time he comes up to bat for the time Lucroy is out, you should hit him. You should talk to guys on other teams and hope they hit him too.  F*ck that guy.

When you knock a player out for 3 weeks on an intentional collision (and it was intentional), you should've been suspended for 3 weeks. Not two games.

When a pitcher retaliates, he gets one more? F*ck that.

Ramirez needs to appeal.

Thats crazy you dont keep plunking the guy... but what bothers me here is 3 games they are assuming it was intentional, even though Noe said it wasnt.... and yet they believed Marisnick apparently when his was significantly more obvious? 
Selective ESP going on here? 

Oh and FYI this play was probably borderline legal a few years back, because I remember Erstad destroying Leyritz I think it was....difference is now the rule's changed.

Now the Catcher has to give a path to the plate, which Lucroy does by setting up inside the plate. The Entire outside of the plate is open. The throw beats him, he sees it, two or three steps before he veers inside the line and spear tackles Lucroy. It's a hard nose play sure, but he deserved a suspension at least as long as the time Lucroy was gonna be out.

F*ck this guy.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Oh and FYI this play was probably borderline legal a few years back, because I remember Erstad destroying Leyritz I think it was....difference is now the rule's changed.

Now the Catcher has to give a path to the plate, which Lucroy does by setting up inside the plate. The Entire outside of the plate is open. The throw beats him, he sees it, two or three steps before he veers inside the line and spear tackles Lucroy. It's a hard nose play sure, but he deserved a suspension at least as long as the time Lucroy was gonna be out.

F*ck this guy.

The Catcher rule was changed because of Buster Posey.  When Erstad did it, it was still legal.

1 minute ago, aznhockeyguy said:

The Catcher rule was changed because of Buster Posey.  When Erstad did it, it was still legal.

I mentioned that. I think this may have still been an out back then as he goes pretty far inside, that's why it would've been borderline legal.