Sign in to follow this  
Chuckster70

This team the past three games...

60 posts in this topic

I'm telling you right now man, if this shit goes down tonight I'm done for the year. Call me a weak fan or a fairweather fan or whatever but after the Skaggs tribute you absolutely cannot fuckin do this.

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

They've been as flat as I've seen in a long time. 

What's going on? Thoughts?

What's going on is pretty common for what is essentially a very mediocre team. Look good for a stretch, look very bad the next, and so on. The end result will be a record similar to what we've seen the last few years. 80-82 wins.

Posted (edited)

Even the most optimistic among us predicted the Angels were likely an 86 win team at the start of the season. The pessimistic thought we were more like a 78 win team. Split the difference and the consensus would've been the Angels finishing with an 82-80 record.

Right now, that looks about right. And that's the frustrating part about .500 ball clubs. They will go on a run and play inspired ball for a week and make you think they've got a wild card run in them. Then they'll fall flat on their stupid faces just to remind you that they aren't a playoff team.

Seriously, Eppler has got to shake things up. He really screwed the pooch on Harvey, Cahill and Allen. Tending Ramirez a contact looks like a mistake too. Chris Stratton was a stupid trade too. The only thing he did right past winter was trade for La Stella. But this team can't afford to stay in the same bubble of mediocrity for another year when their window of contention is finally going to open up.

I'd like to see Eppler get a little drastic and deal away Calhoun and La Stella, see if we can't score some more Buttrey or Robles type of bullpen arms ahead of next season. Maybe buy low on Chris Archer and see if Doug White can help him... Not that that has worked out this year either.

Edited by Second Base