jsnpritchett

Gameday Thread: 8/13 Pirates @ Angels: Canning is back

160 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I have no idea if he will be the starter or not, but they didn’t acquire him to simply finish out this year.  They could have finished this year with any of the three they recently released.  

Ausmus had a career OPS+ of 75.  Stassi is currently at 73.  Maybe Brad sees Stassi as the next him...

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Ausmus had a career OPS+ of 75.  Stassi is currently at 73.  Maybe Brad sees Stassi as the next him...

I’m pretty sure this is Eppler and not Brad.  I’m willing to give it a little bit longer than 10 days or whatever it has been.  

Just now, Stradling said:

I’m pretty sure this is Eppler and not Brad.  I’m willing to give it a little bit longer than 10 days or whatever it has been.  

Oh, I know.  I just thought it was funny that their offense contributions are actually pretty similar.  I just happened to notice that earlier today when I was messing around on Baseball Reference.

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I don’t get what he’s seeing in certain players. There are signings/trades that just don’t work out but at least make sense and then there are complete wtf moves. Eppler is in complete wtf territory way too often for me

I'm in 'mixed bag' territory right now.  Mostly because of this year's FA acquisitions.  But La Stella, Rengifo, Sandoval, were all nice pickups.  And I really don't like the Stassi move.  Probably my least favorite so far although my most disliked previously was the Simmons trade lol.  

The hits just keep on coming. Them Pirates MUST be leading their division. ROTFL. 

Just like Detroit and Baltimore. Are there Royals' dates left on the Angels' schedule? Bring them on!!! 

Seriously, this is what happens when nearly an entire rotation consists of rookies and near-rookies.  

4-inning starters are never beneficial to the relief pitchers.

Just now, eligrba4ever said:

The hits just keep on coming. Them Pirates MUST be leading their division. ROTFL. 

Just like Detroit and Baltimore. Are there Royals' dates left on the Angels' schedule? Bring them on!!! 

Seriously, this is what happens when nearly an entire rotation consists of rookies and near-rookies.  

4-inning starters are never beneficial to the relief pitchers.

I’ve been on the Eppler train all along but F*ck, some doubt is starting to creep in my mind that he knows how to evaluate major league talent. This entire pitching staff is garbage, and the Stassi move is just perplexing.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Meh.  It’s not like the Angels bats have been on fire recently. 

They shouldn’t have to be, the pitching staff should be able to make 3-5 runs hold up. Every single pitcher we throw out there is like batting practice. 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

They shouldn’t have to be, the pitching staff should be able to make 3-5 runs hold up. Every single pitcher we throw out there is like batting practice. 

Everyone knows the pitching sucks ass dude.