Ace-Of-Diamonds

Beyond Grateful by Josh Hamilton

105 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I've moved on from Hamilton.

I hated him for awhile as he was screwing over the Angels.

Now he's nothing to me.

^^^  I don’t blame Hamilton for taking the money, I blame DiPoto and Arte for the stupidity of signing him....Signing Pujols wasn’t a smart move but you might justify it as a reach to win a title.....Hamilton was just straight up dumb....

Lawrence Taylor once said that he would sometimes stand on the field listening to the roar of the crowd and think to himself that he couldn't wait for his career to be over so he could go back to smoking crack. He had a real problem, but he handled it like a man.

I don't hate Hamilton, but I do wish he would have been a stronger person and lived up to his responsibility.

5 hours ago, TroutField said:

Give me a Facking break... this dude is a moron. I’m sure the Holy Spirit was focused on game 6 of the World Series instead of world hunger and peace 😂😂

Well, the Rangers lost the series and just look at the world...looks like the Holy Spirit is Facking up both.

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

There are plenty of drug addicts who aren’t assholes. 

Exactly.  Being a drug addict doesn’t mean you have to have zero self accountability.  I doubt he was high when he told the world, “they knew what they were getting when they signed me”.  I stand by my “fuck him” statement.  

5 hours ago, TroutField said:

But, man, Game 6.

Game 6, up in St. Louis … we almost had it. We really, really did.

I remember up to that point, I hadn’t done much in the Series with my bat. But then — baseball being baseball — we’re in that deciding game, and suddenly I’m in the on-deck circle, in extra innings, and I’m telling you, out of nowhere….

I hear the Holy Spirit talking to me.

This is the honest truth.

For real.

I’m standing there, getting ready to bat, and I hear it clear as day.

“You’re about to hit a homer right now, son.”

And I’m like, Huh … O.K.

“You’re about to hit a homer right now, son.”

Then I take a couple more hacks in the on-deck circle. A few moments later, I walk up to the plate. Step into the box. And the very first pitch I see–

BLAMMO.

Home run.

Two run lead for the Rangers.

Are you kidding me?

Give me a Facking break... this dude is a moron. I’m sure the Holy Spirit was focused on game 6 of the World Series instead of world hunger and peace 😂😂

295d40de77acac49b1b4610f1a6b8aec.jpg

49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Exactly.  Being a drug addict doesn’t mean you have to have zero self accountability.  I doubt he was high when he told the world, “they knew what they were getting when they signed me”.  I stand by my “F*ck him” statement.  

Accountability for relapsing ? or did you want him to walk away from his contract? or should he just say I’m sorry 😐 

6 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

The Angels brass should’ve taken more time to evaluate Hamilton before they signed him. He wasn’t a good fit in Anaheim. 

I believe it was a panic move by Moreno Bc we just like Grienke to the dodgers and he wanted to grab headlines 

Josh just retire to your ranch, live a good life, and never be heard from again. Thank you

2 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Accountability for relapsing ? or did you want him to walk away from his contract? or should he just say I’m sorry 😐 

When he relapsed he went first to his agent and legal team to make sure he could find a way to not be accountable. People doing actual jobs would have lost their job and probably their house left to a long arduous journey back to normalcy. Josh walked away with 125 million dollars....he could have donated some of his salary towards drug addiction programs while he was not actually earning it to demonstrate some awareness. But no......

My role model was Lyman Bostock.  I miss athletes like him.